Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 2

Astrid's P.O.V.

"Why don't we see if they have a good movie playing?" I ask Raven.

We walked over to where the cinema was located at and looked at the posters they had pinned up on the wall. The movie we chose to see was The Purge: Election Year.

"You should probably call your dad to let him know." I hear Raven tell me.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed my dad's number. It began to ring so I put it up to my ear.

"Are you wanting me to come pick you two up already?" Dad asks.

"We wanted to see a movie. Is that okay with you?" I say.

"I won't be able to pick you both up then because I have a meeting to attend to." Dad tells me.

"Okay, I'll call you back and let you know what we decide." I say.

I hang up the phone then and look at Raven.

"Only way were going to be able to see the movie is if we have someone else pick us up." I say relaying the info back to her.

Raven pulls her cell out of her pocket. "I might be able to see if my brother Miles can pick us up." She tells me.

She dials his number and puts the phone up to her ear. She began talking on the phone so I look at the poster again, looking at the times the movie started.

"Astrid...Astrid...Astrid!" I hear someone yell my name.

I look around and I noticed that Raven wasn't talking on her phone anymore. I looked at her to make sure she knew that I was paying attention.

"My brother won't be able to pick us up but someone else can." She says.

I frown in confusion. Who was she talking about?

"Reese, who's a friend of Miles, would be able to pick us up." She tells me.

Who the hell is Reese and why am I just now hearing about this guy?

"Reese lives with us because his house burned down." She says.

I guess she noticed my confusion.

"I'll let my dad know and then we can go pay for the movie." I say.

I sent a quick text to my dad and then we went to go purchase our tickets. We got the popcorn and beverages before making our way to the theater. We found some good seats and sat down. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I pull it out and saw that it was from dad. He was telling me to have fun at the movie and not to go crazy on the money he gave me.

After the movie was over, we tossed the popcorn bowl and beverages away in the trash before heading over to Hot Topic. We went inside the store and began looking around for stuff to possibly buy. After paying for what we found, we went to the food court.

Raven called Reese on her phone and let him know that we were ready to be picked up.

"Hey Raven!" I hear a male voice call out.

She turns around and there's a guy standing there holding a bag. He looked to be about five feet tall, had short curly brown hair, a few tattoos here and there, and he was wearing dark blue jeans and a Suicide Silence t-shirt.

"Astrid this is Reese; Reese this is Astrid." Raven says introducing us.

Reese waves at me so I wave back and the both of us stand up off the chairs. Raven and I followed Reese to his car and after we got in, he drove off.

"Do you want to stay the night at my house?" I hear Raven ask.

"Yeah, I'm sure dad wouldn't care." I reply.

Just as I was about to give Reese the directions to my house, Raven began telling him where to go. Reese pulls the car up to my house so Raven and I get out and we head up to the front door. I pulled the key out of my right pocket and I unlocked the door with it. We went inside, Raven closing the door behind us. I see my brother in the kitchen snacking on something.

"Hey Matt." I call out to him.

He looks up at us. "Oh hey Astrid. Back already from the movie?" He asks.

I nod my head. "Yeah, it was really good. I'm staying over at Raven's place." I reply.

Raven and I head upstairs towards my room. I opened the door and Bella came running over to us. I picked her up and began petting her as she licked my face. I giggle a bit and place her on the bed before petting her one last time.

I grabbed my duffle bag from the closet, set on the bed and picked out some clothes to bring with me. I then grabbed my phone charger and my wallet. After I closed the bag up we walked out of the room. I closed my bedroom door before following Raven down the stairs. We walked out the house and then we went over to Reese's car.

After getting in the car, Reese drove off and soon we came to a stop in front of her house. I noticed a black car parked in the driveway. I tried asking Raven whose car that belonged to but she didn't answer. I guess I'm going to have to find out the hard way.