Chapter 1

The rain splashed hard on the rock outside the FireClan nursery as the cats gathered around it, not minding that their fur was getting wet. They all wanted to be there for when Ladyfierce gives birth to her kits.

          “I can’t do this anymore!” Ladyfierce yelled. It was her first time giving birth, and she was scared and terrified.

          “Don’t worry Ladyfierce” Moonflower, the golden she-cat with odd silver stripes said. Her beautiful blue eyes shimmered with hope and glory. Ladyfierce knew she can trust her; Moonflower has helped queens give birth several times before, and wasn’t going to give up now. Her new apprentice, Goldenpaw stood by her and helped the whole time.

          Ladyfierce was obviously worried about the fact that her kits are coming out. It’s always a big deal when a queen gives birth. The pain swept through her body due to the fact that her kits are pushing her belly trying to get out. Her mate Birdbreath sat real close to her as she delivered her kits into the new world.

          Feeling like moons have passed, finely the first one came out. “A golden-brown tabby she-cat!” Moonflower yelled so the whole Clan can hear, as its tradition to do that. “She’s a strong one.” Moonflower said as she smiled. Soon the second one popped out. “A tabby brown she-cat” Moonflower yelled again.

          “How many more!” Ladyfierce screeched in pain. She couldn’t take this pain anymore, but it lessened at the kits came out. Moonflower rested her paw on Ladyfierce’s belly. Moonflower then studied it, trying to figure out how many more.

          “Just one more,” Moonflowers said, her voice sounded calm and sweet.

          “You can do it.” The voice of Whitewing came. Her voice was soothing and helped Ladyfierce calm down a bit. “You already delivered two. You can do one more. You know you can.” She too was expecting kits but they weren’t due for another two moons or so.

          The third kit soon came out. It was the smallest and probably the weakest of the litter of three. “A white she-cat” yelled Moonflower. She then licked the kit clean.

          “They’re all strong she-cats.” Sassytail, one of the other queens who already gave birth said. “Congratulations on three new strong healthy kits.” She said and smiled, and started licking her own kits Bossykit and Cattykit.

          One week has passed and Heatherkit looked up as Leapordnose walked in to ask Ladyfierce the same question she has been asking the past week.

          “Have you chosen out there names yet?” Leapordnose asked as her eyes gleamed with hope. As of what Heatherkit figured out, Leapordnose has come into the den about every day since her birth so far just to help pick names for her and her sisters. Heatherkit also realized that she lived about a week with no name, and her eyes have just opened this morning, along with her sisters, Hawkkit and Wildkit.

          “Yes. I finally chose out the names last night.” Ladyfierce began, “I call the golden-brown tabby one Hawkkit, who is also the oldest, the tabby brown one Heatherkit, who is the middle, and the white one Wildkit, who is the youngest, as you can probably tell. Aren’t they cute names? I just thought of them.”

          “Yes they are.” Heatherkit jumped up hearing a voice behind her, “Birdbreath!” she called out to her father. “You made me jump. Please do not sneak up on me!” Heatherkit said and began to purr.

          “I see that they opened their eyes.” Birdbreath explained. “And I’m sorry Heatherkit, didn’t mean to scare you like that.” He then added in.

          Heatherkit eagerly stood up, “Could we play outside? I’ve opened my eyes finally. And so have Hawkkit and Wildkit!”

          “Yeah.” Hawkkit and Wildkit agreed standing up.

          “It will be nice to have them out of the nursery to get some fresh air.” Ladyfierce said, smiling at the kits.

          As Heatherkit scrambled out of the nursery with her sisters, Ladyfierce added, “Don’t go too far, and introduce yourself to all the cats in the Clan, including Firestar! She would love to meet you three.”

          “And stay together. Don’t wander off!” Birdbreath called out too.

          “They worry about us too much. We’re capable on our own, I’m pretty sure we are.” Heatherkit whispered to her sisters. Her sisters chuckled and murmured in agreement.

          “Hey, it’s Bossykit and Cattykit!” Wildkit squeaked. “Maybe they can show us around! Plus, I think they are playing some kind of game.” Wildkit said and began to take off towards them. Hawkkit followed squealing with excitement.

          As Heatherkit followed her sisters over to Bossykit and Cattykit, she felt as if someone was following her. Heatherkit turned around and saw no one. She began to feel nervous, but continued to follow her sisters. Heatherkit then heard more footsteps behind her, and she began to feel uncomfortable. “Get your sisters.” She heard.

          Heatherkit turned around and spotted a cat. One she’s never seen before. Then again, she hasn’t seen most of the cats in the Clan yet. “Hi, who are you? What’s your name?” Heatherkit asked the strange amber she-cat.

          “If you want to know who I am get your sisters. I have a message from StarClan.” She said.

          Heatherkit’s eyes lit up with excitement and astonishment. “You’re from StarClan? What’s your warrior name? Which Clan were you from?” Heatherkit then thought to herself and that it was obvious that this cat was from FireClan. She didn’t know much about StarClan, but at least now she knows it’s real.

          “Yes I’m from StarClan. I’m called Ambertail. I came from this Clan, obviously. Now get your sisters! We need to talk, now! She yelled.

          Heatherkit nodded. “Okay, stay here then.” She said and ran towards her sisters to tell them the news. “Hey, Wildkit, Hawkkit, come on. I need to show you something.”

          “Oh, why do we have to go now?” Wildkit wailed. “We were about to play a game.”

          “Yeah, and who made you in charge? Because last time I checked, Ladyfierce and Birdbreath are in charge of us, our parents.” Hawkkit said sulking.

          “A StarClan warrior put me in charge.” Heatherkit answered quickly before her sisters ran back to Bossykit and Cattykit to play their game, which will be pretty mean.

          “You met a StarClan warrior! Why didn’t you say so! Let’s go then!” Wildkit screeched, obviously excited to meet Ambertail.

          “Her name’s Ambertail. She has a message for us, and needs to talk to us now.” Heatherkit said and stopped walking at the spot where she left Ambertail waiting.

          “Where is she?” Hawkkit asked looking around. “Were you lying to us?” Heatherkit noticed Hawkkit’s hazel-brown eyes burning with fury.

          “No, I’m not lying.” Heatherkit said. “I really met a StarClan warrior! Honestly, I really did.” Heatherkit said looking around. “But why isn’t she here?” She then murmured so that her sisters couldn’t hear. Ambertail, where are you? You had a message for us.