Chapter 18

Heatherkit walked behind her sisters, but at a safe distance. It was a long walk, but thankfully Heatherkit managed to stay hidden during the trip.

          Where are they going, it’s not usual for them to wonder off like that. Heatherkit thought. She was scared for her sisters and hoped that they’ll turn out alright.

          Wildkit and Hawkkit go somewhere Heatherkit has never seen before, not even in her dreams. They traveled to the edge of the forest.

          Heatherkit began to hear voices and she crouched down behind a bush, watching her sisters go on ahead through some bushes. After they left her sight, she walked up to the bush and watched.

          She saw six other cats crowded around her sisters and they were all talking about something. She didn’t recognize the other cats, they were not from FireClan. It took a short while to notice who they were. The other six cats were cats from the three other Clans, PoolClan, GhostClan and AirClan.

          The fur on the back of Heatherkit’s neck raised up and she arched her back and flexed her claws, digging them into the soft ground. She let out a quiet his and tried to make herself calm down, but couldn’t.

          Why are the cats from other Clans in FireClan territory? Heatherkit thought, unable to control her temper.

          She managed to shrug it off and she began to listen to the conversation the cats were saying.

          “Yes, the Clans will soon be in our control,” Wildkit said and let out a mad laugh.

          “It’ll all be controlled by us, the Dark Forest will surly thank us,” Hawkkit added in.

          Heatherkit’s heart broke and she felt crushed and astonished. What in the name of StarClan are my sisters doing? Heatherkit thought. She wanted to yell at them and ask if they lost their mind but at the same time she didn’t want to be caught eves dropping.

          “You think very well for two young kits,” a jet black PoolClan warrior said to Wildkit and Hawkkit.

          Wildkit and Hawkkit grinned, but their grins are very different from usual. Their teeth seemed very sharp and it’s almost…evil like.

          Heatherkit leaned in to take a closer look at her sisters, and was astonished at what she had seen.

          Their teeth were razor sharp and pointing.

          Their claws were also razor sharp and pointy and with one swipe from them your own skin could be torn and you’d be dead in a second. Their claws had blood on them for some unknown reason, and Heatherkit didn’t want to know why. If her sisters were murderers, she wouldn’t want to know that.

          Their eyes were bright blood red with tiny black pulps.

          They looked…blood thirsty and evil.

          Heatherkit looked around at the other cats and was very astonished and very scared to see the same thing in them, blood thirsty looks in their eyes, blood on their sharp razor like claws and evil like grins.

          Heatherkit then realized it…they were being possessed, by Dark Forest cats!

          No! No, no, no! This can’t be! Ambertail was right, our Clan is doomed! Heatherkit gasped.

          The eight cats turned in her direction.

          “I think we are being watched!” An AirClan warrior sneered.

          Uh oh, I’m dead. Heatherkit thought and started backing up.

          “Don’t worry, we’ll deal with that trespasser,” Hawkkit said and Wildkit nodded in agreement.

          No! No, please StarClan, don’t let me die, I’m too young! Heatherkit thought as she turned around to run.

          Heatherkit ran as fast as she can, as fast as her little legs could carry here.

          Footsteps were heard behind her and she knew that her sisters were gaining on her.

          “Get her!” Wildkit yelled.

          The next thing Heatherkit knew was that she was tacked by her two sisters and thrown onto the ground.