Chapter Ten

I was freezing my pompoms off as I kicked my leg up in the air, screaming out a loud cheer along with the rest off the team. Everyone else was in high spirits, not at all bothered by the chilling temperature. Nope, not one bit.

          I however, was shivering in my tights. Claire allowed us, after a great debate, to wear blue turtlenecks and beige tights under our uniform. I was grateful because by now, I would have hypothermia without them.

           I really hate the cold.

            It was the last game of this season and there was no doubt that the Titan’s would take it all the way to the championships. Although I knew I wouldn’t be here to see it.

           It was exactly one week today until I had to pack up and say goodbye to Aberdeen. I was going to miss this place, even though I was dreading coming here in the first place.

           The beeper thing on the time board went off, signaling half time. Us cheerleaders got to perform a special routine for the half time show. Lucky us.

           Xavier jogged his way over to me, looking all cute and sweaty in his tight football uniform. He grabbed me by the waist, picking me up and twirling me around. I squealed, clutching onto his heavily padded shoulders and giggling. He let me down and I swore I heard the other cheerleaders swoon.

           He played with my bow, twirling around pieces of my ponytail, “Having fun, baby girl?” He questioned, raising an eyebrow and kissing the tip off my nose.

            I shoved his face away from mine and made a long sad face, dropping my eyelashes and pouting my lips out, “No.”

            Xavier’s eyes darkened, his eyes dropping to my lips, “God, Anna, don’t do that.” He told me, his voice a husky growl.           

             I stood up on my tiptoes, our faces inches apart, “Why not, Xavier?” I whispered, biting my lip. Our breaths puffed out into each other’s faces, the cold air making whiffs.

            Instead of answering his eyes just darkened more and before I knew it, he had pressed his lips against mine. He kissed me hard and I kissed him back just the same. My hands reached up, tangling themselves in his sweaty locks. He grabbed at my back, his hands slipping between the crack of my cheer shirt and skirt. 

            A voice shouted suddenly, making me break away and pulling me back into reality, “Woods! You going to stand on the sidelines all night or are you actually going to play the game?”

           I saw Xavier give whoever said it the finger from behind my back. I felt my face burn in embarrassment and I buried myself into his chest, “That was so humiliating.”

           Xavier laughed, biting my ear lightly and tilting my head up, “You’re so innocent, Anna.”

           I smiled softly, rubbing my fingers against the light stubble along his chin, “You should go. I think your teams waiting for you.”

            He sighed but nodded reluctantly. He pecked my lips one last time before pulling away, “I’ll be watching you during the halftime show.” He told me, his eyes sparkling.

           I tried to hide my smile but failed, “Go.” I said, shoving him away. He held up his hands finally turning and walking back to his team.  

            I was bombarded as soon as Xavier left, the cheerleaders all crowding around me. “OMG, Anna! That was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! You are so lucky!” Lindsay exclaimed, the others nodding in agreement.