Chapter Four

Talon's POV

I sat in stunned silence until the bell rang. I quickly jumped up and threw my tray away and headed back to class. I was still reeling though. I mean the kid was half my size, and yet he seemed to have no problem bossing me around. I mean I was almost scared to do anything that might make him angry. He could be scary!

The more I thought about it though, the more I was kind of glad for his ultimatum. It had forced me to put things into perspective. Techically, to be pack alpha I had to have a mate. I definetely had a mate, there was no longer any doubt in my mind. There were no actual laws that said one couldn't have a male mate and still be an alpha. It was more like an unwritten expectation.

The more I thought about it, the more okay I got with having Jericho as a mate. Maybe it was even a good thing. If I turned out to be an awesome alpha, and I had a male mate, it might change some people's minds about that. Might make them a little more understanding and decent towards those in my situation.

Yes, I was definetely glad Jericho had done what he had. Because I now had a brilliant plan in my head. A revelutionary plan even. One in which, if I was successful, I would change the wolf world for good.

-----------

Jericho POV

HOLY CRAP!!! I cannot believe I just did that! It felt so awesome though, I wish I could do it again! The look on his face had been hilarious, he had looked as if he was afraid of me. I couldn't believe it, the great Talon, afraid of little old me.

The bell had rung so I made my way to class. I took my seat next to Ash, and I couldn't help but have a goofy grin on my face. Ash looked over at me and smiled.

"You seem happy. I'm glad, you looked like hell yesterday." Ash whispered, so he wouldn't get in trouble by the teacher. I ripped a piece of paper out of my notebook. Our english teacher, Mrs. Pollarolladosmal, ya I know imagine having her as a teacher. She gets so mad when we mispronounce her name, but come on, it was freaking gigantic and dumb! Anyway, she could hear a whisper from Alaska, but couldn't care less about students passing notes. It was how me and Ash passed the time in this class most days.

I quickly scribbled on the paper. 'Ya man totally better now. Sorry about crapping out yesterday.' I then quickly handed it over to him. He read it and wrote for a couple of minutes before handing it back. 'That's okay dude, but are you going to tell me what happened?' I thought for a second before answering.

Though Ash was human, he knew what I was. I had kept it secret for a long time, but had finally just decided to take a risk and tell him. He had taken it super well, and I knew he would never tell anyone. But still this was a delicate discussion, still in the end I decided I should tell him.

'Yes, but not here, I will tell you later. I promise.' I flashed him the note and he nodded at me. I think he could kind of tell what this was about. Or at least it had something to do with wolves. I doubt he had come even close to figuring out the whole mate thing.

The rest of the day passed by uneventful, and I was about to go find Ash to tell him when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over to see that Talon had fallen in step beside me, and we walked together to the front door of the school.

"So I decided that I want to be your mate, like you know real mate." He said it nervously, but there was a sincerity there that melted my heart. That was fast! I had expected him to brood and be a crabby butt for a long time before reaching this point. I was definetely not complaining though, this was great news!

"Do you want to come over to my place? We can discuss some of the more...intimate details there." As he said this he blushed. It was really cute! I nodded and he led me over to his car. As I situated myself and he pulled out of the parking lot, I took my phone and sent a text to Ash. 'Sorry something came up, but promise I will tell you later. Love you my goth unicorn of love.' I grinned to myself at the last part of the text as I sent it.

Talon was silent the entire way to his place, which thankfully was only a ten minute drive from school. We pulled in the driveway of a gint grey house, and he turned off the car. He turned toward me and cleared his throat.

"Look can we keep this a secret for a little while? Not too long I promise, but I just need some time to wrap my head around it first okay?" Talon looked nervous, but I figured this would happen and I was okay with it.

"Ya, that is okay with me. Make sure you don't take too long though. I am a butterfly, and I need sunlight and wind so that I can spread my wings and fly. I will not be kept in the dark, lonely abyss of secrecy long." Talon chuckled and rolled his eyes at my choice of words.

"Thanks, and I promise, only for a short while. Until I figure out how to break this to the pack without them trying to take away my chances of being alpha. Or at least so they won't run us out of town when we let them know." Talon said this distantly, as if he were talking more to himself than me.

I nodded, and he smiled at me. Our eyes met and once again we were locked in our own special world. He brought his face closer and closer until it was only inches away. I couldn't breathe, all I could think abot was his lips pressed to mine. I slowly pulled his head closer to mine, and when our lips touched, I swear I died and went to heaven.

--------------------------

SOOOOOO STUPID AND SHORT!!! I don't like this chapter, anyway don't worry there will be much goodier goodies up ahead. I am soo tired, so please forgive any mistakes. Oh and thank you so much those of you who have voted/commented/fanned me/ added this to your reading list!!! It means a lot to me. Please continue to do so, I appreciate all your feedback! Oh and youtube song is another from the script! I couldn't think of one for this chapter so I just picked this one because. 1)It is an awesome song by an awesome band! 2) If you listen real well I promise it will make you chuckle!!!! :D Enjoy!!!!!

LOVE

Mrs. Optimus Prime