Chapter Fifteen-Part Two

Jericho about had a heart attack as Talon had told his friend Mike about them. Now he was just pissed. Sure Mike had been really cool about it, but still. Talon should have asked him before going and blabbing about them. He did want people to know about them, but it was very dangerous to go around telling other wolves. If the council found out they would be totally screwed.

He sighed loudly as his mate continued to ignore him talking to Mike and his new mate. He hated that he had to feel like the odd one out. Why had Talon even told Mike? It seemed pretty stupid if all they were going to do with the new information was ignore him. He picked up a small rock and smiled at it. He walked the short distance over to Talon and put the rock down his pants.

Talon started to stick his hand down there to get it out, but then stopped. He must have realized that sticking your hand down your pants in public didn’t look good.  He threw Jericho a glare and started to wiggle and shimmy his hips to try and get the rock out. They had gathered a little crowd by now and everybody was laughing. Jericho just glared back at his mate, maybe now his mate would think twice about ignoring him, and about going behind his back.

He caught sight of Talon’s father and Antonio coming forward. It seemed a little risky that he was bringing a non-pack member to the meeting. Jericho hoped nobody started to catch on to them. They walked up to them to watch the growing spectacle. Talon was now full out jumping up and down to get the rock out. From the look on his face the rock must have been in a very uncomfortable position. He glared at everyone around him but they all just kept right on laughing.

“What happened?” Talon’s father asked in his ear.

“I put a rock down his pant,” Jericho whispered back.

Joseph’s eyes widened for a moment, and then he threw his head back and laughed. Antonio still looked confused, which meant he hadn’t heard his and Joseph’s little exchange. As soon as Joseph stopped laughing long enough to catch his breath he told Antonio what had happened. Jericho couldn’t quite hear what he said, but he figured that must have been what was exchanged because Antonio cracked up afterward.

Everyone let out a disappointed sigh as Talon was finally able to get the rock out. They stayed around for a little while, probably hoping for another mishap, but eventually they dispersed. It ended up just Jericho, Talon, Mike, Sandra, who was his mate, Joseph, and Antonio. Talon was ignoring him, and Jericho almost felt bad. That must have been very embarrassing, but messing with him had consequences. The sooner Talon wrapped that around his head, the better.

“He’s a keeper,” he heard Mike whisper to Talon so he couldn’t hear.

“I know,” Talon whispered back, causing a huge smile to Jericho’s face. He was mighty lucky that his mate was awesome enough to take stuff like that in good humor.

“Dad, I need to talk to you real quick,” Talon said to his father. Jericho watched them walk off and had to fight the urge to follow them. He had to trust Talon not to keep secrets, but still it looked like a pretty intense conversation was taking place.

He took a deep breath and tore his eyes away form his mate. He kept repeating to himself that he had to trust Talon. He looked around for someone to talk to, but unfortunately he really had no friends. Talon and Ash were the only people he got along with who were his age. It kind of made things awkward when they were not around. Just as he was losing hope a hand landed on his shoulder. He looked to see that Talon had returned.

He looked to the front and noticed Talon's father had situated himself in front of a podium. He hadn't even noticed the thing before right now. He turned his full attention to their leader, and a hush fell over the entire pack as he began to speak.

"Tonight, is a somber and glorious occasion. It is the night I turn over this pack into a pair of capable young hands. Most of you are looking toward my son Talon right now, and thinking this is referring to him. Unfortunately you are incorrect. Due to the new law in effect stating all alphas must have mates, my son will not be receiving this pack." The crowd broke out in whisper's at the news and everyone threw pitying looks toward Talon. Talon gripped Jericho's shoulder tightly, and he had a felling he was the only thing keeping Talon steady at this moment.

"I was a tiny bit glad about this law when I heard it, because I thought it would ensure I could keep my place as alpha. Over the past month however, I have found...other things that are more important." Joseph looked quickly toward Antonio as he said this.

"My son would have been a fine alpha, and it is a tragedy he is not going to get that opportunity. I would give him this pack if I could, but I can't change the law. Another young man has come to my attention though, and I believe he has just as much potential as my son. He is brave and he is loving, compassionate and strong. Everything a pack leader should be, and he will do a fantastic job.

"I was reluctant in my consideration for only one reason. This change will move this pack out of my family, and that is difficult as it has been in our family for ten generations. This change is good though, and the one I have chosen is about as close to family as you can get without blood. So without further ado I would like to announce my successor. I know he will lead this pack with dignity, courage, strength, wisdom, and with a stern yet gentle hand.

"It has been my utter pleasure to lead you for all of these years. This is a truly extraordinary pack, and I know under this new leadership you will flourish to even greater heights. Thank you so much for the honor you have shown me, and I know you will show it to the next alpha, and every one after that."

There was a pause as everyone held their breath.

"Ladies and gentle allow me to introduce your new alpha...Mike Reaing."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! New alpha time, woo woo!! Haha! The story is really going to pick up now, so buckle your seat belts! Thank you for all of the new fans, the comments, the votes, and just everything! You guys are totally awesome! The song is Who Am I Living For? by Katy Perry! :D Love it <3 Hope you enjoy it my bubbles!!! Hehehe, that is such a cool nickname!

LOVE,

Mrs. Optimus Prime