3|"It's hard trying to be normal when your sister is some sort of evil goddess."

"Turn it off!" April screams, as I flip through the channels on the television.

"Why? What's wrong with Mean Girls?"

She slides off of my canopy bed and makes her way to my flat screen. "Because it's so unrealistic." She reaches the tv and turns it off manually. "Everyone shares a crown cause they're all winners and beautiful?" The blonde scoffs. "As if. And then the mean girls decided to change their ways and be better people?" She rolls her eyes. "The worst thing I've ever seen."

"You don't believe people can change?" I ask her honestly, even though I added a bit of disinterest in my voice, so I don't seem too interested in the question.

She shakes her head and climbs back into my bed. She picks up the latest Marie Claire magazine and resumes reading. "Not like that. I mean we won't change, right?" April doesn't look up from her literature of the day, as I add the final coat of polish to my toenails.

"I guess not." I get up off the floor and leave my room. We use to love the movie Mean Girls. We studied it as if it was the bible. I bet if I asked April to recite the whole movie, she could.

I leave April to her devices, all alone. I walk down the spiral staircase, and pass the obscenely large rooms and into the kitchen, where my idiot little brother was having a snack.

"I heard you were a bitch today." He says with his mouth full.

I open the stainless steal fridge and shift through it. "I'm always a bitch." I tell him nonchalantly.

The red headed, freckled, thirteen year old boy groans. "It's hard trying to be normal when your sister is some sort of evil goddess. Everyone was bringing it up at school today."

"It spread that much?" I was actually surprised. "Nothing even happened."

My brother attended the same prep school, but for grades sixth through eight. It was on a different campus, so I'm surprised they heard. I look at my brother as he munches on his sandwich, and I could tell he's going to be a looker when he finishes going through puberty. April already says she calls dips when he turns eighteen, which is gross and I banned her from that.

Eric looks at me skeptically. "I guess I believe you. You don't have that evil smirk on your face for doing a wrong deed." He cocks his head to the side as he studies me. "You look almost...upset."

I'm taken back as I pull some milk out of the fridge, and cereal from the pantry. "I'm not upset Eric."

He doesn't stop looking at me funny. "If you say so." He hops off the stool in the kitchen and leaves the kitchen with his sandwich in hand.

"I'm not upset!" I yell out after him. Frustrated at his unconvinced tone.

"Whatever!" The preteen yells back at me, his voice bouncing off the walls.

I roll my eyes at the kid and continue eating my Lucky Charms, and right after he leaves, the house phone rings. "Ugh, what now."

I answer the phone. "Hello?"

"This is an automatic voice machine. No deposit has been made for the current bill that is-" I hang up the phone. Shit. Another bill collector. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. I guess I have to-

"Who was that?" April interrupts my train of thoughts.

"It was no one." I sort of told her the truth, since a robot isn't actually a person.

She shrugs it off and proceeds to tell me about the new Cartier watch that was released, and showing me the ad in Marie Claire she saw. I tried to give her all my ooh's and aw's, but I just wasn't in the mood. All I kept thinking about was the next person I had to call. And that persons an even bigger bitch then me.