11|"Gelato! Gelato! Gelato!"

"Gelato! Gelato! Gelato!" April chants as we make our way to the other side of the mall. Of course we could've went somewhere else, but it was snowing outside and I didn't feel like driving any more than necessary.

In my city we have a very big mall, and it's split into two sections. The extremely obnoxiously expensive side, and the complete opposite of that. And in the middle is the food court. Usually I wouldn't eat at a food court, but once you've had school cafeteria food, there is nothing worse than that.

The food court was like a mix of two different wild species that have never met. You see older woman with their Birkin bags, and their Prada coats, and their face lifts. You look two inches to the left and you see another lady who's the same age but with a purse purchased from target, and a handy down coat, and her aged face. Honestly, I think I would take an aged face over a face lift any days. I refuse to look like rubber that was stretched out too much.

"Gelato! Gelato! Gelat-"

"Will you shut up!" I bark at her and she quiets down, but I can still hear her humming the tune of the gelato chant. We get in line and April eagerly orders for us. I doze off and scan the court, its just like-

Once again my thoughts are abruptly cut off by Nolan. I see him laughing across the court with the same group of friends that were at the party the night we met. And I'm pretty sure that those boys don't go to the same school as us. The were more rugged, then the boys that attend my prep school. Boys at my school wouldn't be caught dead wearing vans.

As if he felt someone watching him, he looks up and scans the cafeteria. My mind was telling me to abort mission and stop staring at him, but I couldn't. Every time I saw him he looked carefree, and fun. I wonder what that's like. Before he was able to see me I averted my eyes.

"You okay Aurora? You looked a little...knocked off your feet?" April turns away from the cashier with two gelato's in hand. I grab one from her.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired of the mall, lets g-"

"Wait! Cute boys at two o'clock!" She squeals in delight. I check my two o'clock and I see it's Nolan and his friends. "I want to say hi, and work my magic." She winks at me.

Before I'm able to think, my mouth starts to speak. "No! Don't talk to them!"

"Why not?"

I groan. "Because I'm your ride home and I'm leaving. And besides look at them, do they look like the future billionaire you want to marry?" I question her.

"Yeah, but one of them looks famili-"

"I'm leaving now, so check your slut hormones and let's go!" I yell at her in a sing song voice. I can feel the daggers she's shooting at me with her eyes towards my back. I hear her platforms follow after me, as I'm basically a couple feet ahead of her.

I don't know why I stopped her from talking to those boys. I really don't care if she wants to flirt or fuck, and I bet they would've given her a ride home as well. Maybe it was- No. It can't be that. I shake the thought out of my head, boys don't affect me like that. Especially annoying ones.