8|"Dreams are for children, start living in reality."

I take a seat at my lunch table, next to April, and she stops talking to whoever she was talking with. I don't know. I don't pay attention to anyone else that sits here. It's the usual cheerleader, or football player, or a couple of billionaires sons and daughters. They proclaim themselves worthy of sitting here and they do. They don't talk to me though, unless I engage in conversation first. Which hardly ever happens.

"It's weird that all these girls fawn over Sam, but they don't even know him." April mentions as she watches Sam in the lunch line with some friends. "He's like a pop star. You adore them, you watch all their interviews, you follow them on social media, but you still don't know them."

It's ironic that she's saying these things, because she doesn't even know Sam.

She sighs and shoots daggers at the girls eyeing her one night stand. "I guess there's a difference between knowing someone and knowing of someone. And that's where I have the advantage." She proclaims smugly.

Nolan said that to me. Now April is saying that to me. Whose next? My mother? I shrug off that sentence, and ask her, "What do you want from him? A relationship? More sex? Because you're being oddly possessive for a girl that just had a one night stand."

She flinches. "Fuck you Aurora. We've had sex more than five times this past year."

I raise an eyebrow. "So you're counting now. Seems pretty pathetic to me."

April glares at me while turning her body towards me. "You know what? You seem pretty pathetic. When was the last time a boy even touched you? I bet you're still a virgin?" She snaps at me with a wicked grin on her face.

I take my perfectly manicured hand and slap her across the face. Heads turn as they see the two best friends fighting. The kids sitting at our table start to pull out their phones to record the whole thing. I lean towards her and whisper in her ear, "At least I'm not a pimped out whore."

She could've slapped me back, if I was in her shoes, I would've. But the only thing she does is gently touch the spot where I slapped her. Then she gets up from the table and storms out. People around me sigh in disappointment that there wasn't anything else, but they go on to gossip with their friends about what just happened.

Sam approaches the table and puts his tray where April was sitting. "What the hell was that?"

"A repercussion of April sleeping with you...over five times." I take a fry off of his tray.

"Shit. She told you that?"

"Of course she did." I give him a sickening smile. "We're best friends, why wouldn't she?"

I know he wants to yell at me, curse, or scream at me. Anything to wipe this smile off my face. But he doesn't want to cause another scene, so he moves away from me. He decides to sit on the other end of the table. Sam can't sit at any other table, because this is where he belongs. Separated. Away from the normal people, and close to the rest of us with daddy issues.

I text Daisy to come sit next to me. I've ran out of all of my friends and I don't feel like being alone. I can practically hear her squeals of excitement from her. She prances up to me, like Bambi, in heels that are too high for her, in way too much expensive jewelry, and in disgusting perfume.

"Can I really sit here now?"

"No, not forever. Just for today." I clarify, and the innocent teen smiles at me and sits down where Sam was sitting.

"Wow! This is amazing! This table really is elevated!" Daisy exclaims.

I've never really been this close to her. I notice how her nose is a little crooked for my taste, her cheeks just a little too chubby, showing that her skinny body is only a phase. She has freckles as well, but they aren't cutely spread out like my brothers. It's not a lot, and they're in weird places. They're more like moles than freckles.

Her cheap perfume is overbearing and loud. And I'm not the only one whose noticed it. Daisy's jewelry is too shiny and obnoxious, just begging for attention. I realize that in my sudden desperation to not be alone, I invited a person who was completely wrong. So excruciatingly wrong that it's starting to give me a headache.

"Okay, leave now."

Her huge grin drops, and the blonde looks at me with confusion. "What?"

"I've decided that this was a mistake, leave." I snap at the girl. In all honesty I could've done something much worse to make her go away. I could've thrown away all that plastic that she calls jewelry into the trash can. I could've called her names, and ruin her self-esteem. I could've done a lot of things, but I was too tired, and I just wanted her to go.

"But I just got here, I just accomplished my dream!" She pleads with desperation oozing in her words.

"Dreams are for children, start living in reality. And in reality, you don't belong here." The child still sits here in shock, so I snap my fingers. Two football players come from behind me and grab Daisy by the arms. They yank her from the table, and drag her towards the exit. All while she's screaming about her dream and how she's worked so hard. She yells about everything that she's done for me. Oh well, I could always find a new lap dog.

I groan and massage one of my shoulders. Today was too much for me. Now it was time for me to stand up and leave. I leave my trash on the table, knowing that someone was going to pick it up for me. I grab my Audi car keys out of my bag and twirl them around my fingers. I don't exit out of the door April left out of, or the one Daisy was thrown out of.

I exit through the emergency exit, the one that leads to the parking lot, and I let the outside light engulf me as I leave.