22| "The worst summer of my life."

"Ok. Game?" I look into the xbox. "Check. Snacks?" I look at the buffet style tables of food I had the cook step up in game room number three. "Check. Boy?" I look at my watch. "Absent." I roll my eyes and flop on the couch that I had to move out of the way to make some space.

I had texted Nolan the date and time to come over to my house, and he confirmed but why is he late? I mean it's only ten minutes past two, so I shouldn't freak out. Or maybe I should call him to see-

"Hey." Standing by the door way is Nolan and he's never look more-

"Wow this place is flipping awesome!" My thought is interrupted by a teenage boy, who wasn't Nolan, heading straight for the buffet in my living room. I told Nolan to enter through the living room entrance of the house, because the walk from the front door to the first living room would've been a long one.

"Sorry for being late." Nolan says sheepishly. "Those two are the reasons." A young girl pops out from behind Nolan and waves to me.

"Hello."

I'm not really sure how to respond to a bunch of people barging into my house. "Who are they?" I watch them cautiously as they drag their non-designer clothes into my house.

"My bad." The teenage boy comes up to me and shakes my hand while stuffing a hot dog in his face with the other. "I'm Joey. This tall glass of water's best friend." He winks at Nolan. "And this is my little sister, Zena. Originally I had nothing planned today, so I asked Nolan to hang out, but then he said he was busy. So as his best friend I got suspicious, and asked with who. Then he said someone from his new school. So I said cool, I'm in. I wasn't going to pass on a chance to see how the other half lived, but then my mom said I couldn't go because I had to watch Zena while she went out of town for business-"

"Even though I'm thirteen, and old enough to handle myself." She glares at her brother.

The older sibling ignores his sisters comment. "So I decided to bring her with me. You don't mind though, right?" He grins at me.

I frown at him. "You talk a lot." I say at the same time Nolan says, "Yes." With a frown.

Joey continues to grin. "Excellent." He flops down on the couch. "Let the tournament being!"

I'm not one who is very open to new comers, but I look at Nolan's face and I see that even though his best friend is obnoxious and annoying to me, Nolan enjoy's his presence. So I should try to tolerate Joey.

"Do you have a bathroom I could use?" The brown haired girl ask me.

"We have fifteen, which one would you prefer?" I ask in all honesty, but the girl just scoffs at me and exits the room. Okay then.

"Sorry again. I couldn't talk Joey out of it, once he sets his mind to something..." He trails off, and I understand what he's trying to say.

"It's all right. Just save all your sorry's for when I beat you." I place myself in front of the tv.

Nolan takes off his jacket. "Wow, all ready with the trash talk." He laughs. "What happened with about not being too cocky?"

I stretch my arms. "I changed my mind."

"Ugh! Can you guys stop flirting already and start!" Joey groans. "I came here for some class A dancing. Let's hurry it up." Joey yells loudly even though we were only three feet away from him.

I try not to snap at him, and I don't have to try for lone because the game starts and I put all my focus onto that. In all honesty, I'm not ready to share anything with Nolan yet. I'm ready to let him in, but he can't know every thing yet. That's going to take some time.