Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I turned the ignition off, and got out of the car. I opened the door to get Desiree out of her car seat. I closed the door and stared at this big tall, wide building. Many thoughts came to mind.

"Mommy where we going?" she asked me snapping me back to reality while lying on my shoulder.

"We gone pay a little visit." I said to her. I put her down. She grabbed my hand and we began to walk into the building.

"Who are you here to visit ma'am" the officer asked me.

"Greyson Taylor." I answered.

"Really? He hasn't had a visitor in a whole year, but he's been making phone calls though. this your first time?" she said.

"Yes it is in years." I responded.

"Wow, okay let me see your ID, and sign here." I gave her my ID and she handed it back to me. I signed my name and Desiree's name on the visitor side. Once I finished, I was told to wait until someone called my name. It was about 10 minutes when they did.

"Ms. Taylor." The officer said.

"Yes that is me." I got up.

"Right this way ma'am." He said. I grabbed Desiree's hand. The officer led us into the hallway of the visiting room. There was a glass wall that separating us from the inmates. I scanned the room until my eyes locked gaze with the man who raised me from birth to 9 years old, the man who raped and abused me when I was sixteen. He saw me and looked over at Desiree. This is his first time seeing her. He turned back to me, tears fell from his eyes, as he gave a small smile. Are those tears of remorse, tears, for hurting me and getting pregnant? Are those tears for not being a father to me? I was confused. I started to cry as well as I thought about those questions in my head. I pulled my daughter to my side tight. She looked up and realized who I was looking at.

"Who is that mommy?" she asked. My facial expression changed.

"Nobody baby. That's nobody." I said to her. I cant do it, I couldn't, not now anyways. I took one last look at him, and I grabbed her hand and began to walk out. She turned her head around to him while walking forward, and I never looked back.

The End