Part 2

It was a dreamless night. There was nothing to dream. Not without him, you thought. You wake up on the couch and look around. Papyrus was downstairs cooking spaghetti in the kitchen before he had to get back to packing. He didn't know that you had slept on his couch last night. You looked for Sans, but you couldn't find him anywhere. He was probably still up in his room. Still drowsy, you rose to your feet and made your way to the kitchen to tell Papyrus about your plans with Sans for that day.

"~Nyeh heh heh heh heh! Nyeh heh heh heh heh heh heh!~ 🎶" Papyrus sang to himself as he stirred his pasta in a giant pot.

"Hey, Papyrus-!"

"NYEH?!?!?!?!?!" yelled Papyrus as he jumped and knocked over his spaghetti all over the floor. You both stare at the dumped noodles in alarm.

You sheepishly shrink away from Papyrus at your mistake. You forgot about the 'Papyrus not knowing' fact. "Uh... Oops... Sorry, Papyrus...," you say unable to think up anything else to say off the bat.

Papyrus sighed as he stared at his ruined masterpiece. He shook himself out of his grief and turned to you. "WOWIE, (Y/N)! YOU GAVE ME THE SCARE OF THE CENTURY! PLEASE, TELL ME NEXT TIME YOU PLAN TO JUMP SCARE ME! ALSO, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE PASTA. I CAN MAKE MORE!" he chirped.

You laugh and feel relieved that he wasn't that mad about it. "Maybe I'll go around wearing army boots just to make sure people know I'm coming!" you answer to be funny.

"EVEN SO, WHY ARE YOU HERE? DON'T TELL ME YOU CAME ALL THIS WAY JUST TO SCARE ME OUT OF MY BONES!" Papyrus says as he begins to clean up the mess of pasta and sauce on the floor.

"I got caught in the snow yesterday, so Sans said I could stay here for the night and hang out with him today," you explain.

"OH! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO? SANS HAS BEEN LOOKING KINDA BLUE LATELY. YOU KNOW, BESIDES HIS CLOTHES. HE SHOULD BE DOWN IN A MINUTE!" Papyrus said. He ran up the stairs and banged on his brother's door. "SANS!! (Y/N) IS AWAKE!!"

You heard the door open and Papyrus race into the room. The door closed behind him. You ran upstairs and pressed your ear against the door.

"bro..., just..., give me a couple of months... ok?" asked Sans.

"I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO SLEEP IN! NOW, GET UP!"

"listen, i'm not really feelin' up to it... just give me a few minutes, at least," Sans said sleepily.

"SANS? THAT'S THE FACE OF SOMEONE WHO'S JUST HAD A DREAM... WAS IT ANOTHER NIGHTMARE...?"

"heh... i did have a dream. however, this time, it wasn't a nightmare... it... felt... amazing... surprisingly enough," he replied with a voice so calm and peaceful that you felt goosebumps. He sighed.

"SANS, WHAT HAPPENED?"

"hm... you deserve to know... ok. we had all made it back to the surface. the sun was shining down on all of us. however, i remember something next to me... something warmer than the sun. it called to me, so i came closer... the world around me began to fade... my problems disappeared. all of my sadness and worry: gone," he sighed with a smile. He caught his breath. "it was the most beautiful thing i ever saw. as i approached it, i only felt warmer. memories of times where i was truly happy came back... all those people... whatever it was...," Sans continued as he looked to Papyrus, "it made me so happy that i didn't wanna wake up..."

Papyrus didn't say anything. You could hear Papyrus get closer to Sans. You assumed that they were in each other's embrace.

"SANS, WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE SURFACE. NO MATTER WHAT. WE'RE ALSO GOING TO STAY THERE. MAYBE WHEN WE GET THERE, YOU'LL FIND YOUR SUNSHINE?"