Part 10

Slowly, you began to stir from your sleep. You were still in the Wishing Cave and you were still up against Sans who had fallen asleep himself. As you remembered, you snuggled closer to him and didn't want to move. You sat quietly with your thoughts. They drifted back to Flowey and Chara. You thought about what would have happened if Sans hadn't showed up. Where would you be then?

You wanna know what would happen? He'd officially destroy your soul for good or just shove it off to the side and Chara will use your body and her soul to kill everyone... Your soul would die and there'd be nothing left of the real you.

You sighed and closed your eyes. That was the sad, cold truth. You then tried to take your mind off of that. How long had you been here asleep? What time was it? Were Toriel and Papyrus worried about the both of you? Were you ever going to feel your foot ever again because you fell asleep on it?! The questions all bubbled into your brain. You'll probably get those questions answered at some point. Without meaning to, when you shifted to get blood flowing in your foot again, you accidentally woke up Sans. He rubbed his eye socket and blinked awake slowly. You jumped.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to wake you or anything... Sorry..."

Sans shook his head. "Don't worry about it. I'm the one who should be sayin' sorry for keeping ya awake. You know, what can I say? I'm so good at sleeping, I can do it with my eyes closed," he replied.

You couldn't stifle a laugh. What made horrible puns so funny when he told them? Well, there was one reason. Papyrus.

"OH MY GOSH SANS!" yelled Papyrus in the distance as he began to approach. Sans blinked curiously and then got this cheeky little gleam in his eye sockets. You tried not to show that you were laughing. Unfortunately, you were failing miserably. As Sans stood to his feet to confront his approaching brother, that little cheeky gleam went to downright mischievous.

"Hey bro, what's been happening?" Sans asked.

"WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING IS ME LOOKING ALL OVER THE UNDERGROUND FOR YOU TWO! WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?! YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME BEFORE DISAPPEARING THAT YOU WERE GOING TO LEAVE FOR SIX HOURS!!" Papyrus screeched.

Sans acted like he didn't care when really you could tell that he didn't mean to be gone for so long. He really was the master of lying and twisting the truth.

"Well, I caught a chill out in Snowdin. I decided to go to Hotland. However I fell asleep. You know, next time I'll just stand in a corner. They're 90 degrees,' Sans stated.

You continued to laugh. Papyrus looked exasperated. "SANS! THIS IS SERIOUS! I KNOW THAT YOU'RE LYING! YOU JUST WANTED TO BE WITH (Y/N) AGAIN!" Papyrus yelled.

"You're right. She is the BONEly one for me," Sans replied.

"SANS!!" Papyrus retorted. You couldn't stop giggling. It reminded you so much of when you first met Sans and Papyrus. The conveniently-shaped lamp, the whoopee cushion, the puns, the wall with the bars too wide to stop anyone, and you stuck behind the lamp trying not to laugh with all of your might.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop. You know, for now. However, I wasn't kidding. Truth be told, you were right all along," Sans said.

"WHAT WAS I RIGHT ABOUT?" asked Papyrus looking baffled.

Sans simply shrugged and then helped you to your feet. Before Papyrus could say another word, Sans snapped his fingers and you knew what was going to come next. Code jump.

Once again, the letters and numbers swarmed you. Sans looked towards you and you could tell that he was reading your thoughts. "I didn't really wanna code jump either, but what else could I do? Besides, looking on the bright side, nobody will intrude on us in a place like this."