Part 4

As the two of you leave the Snowdin Shop at long last, you recall the conversations you had with Sans. Just thinking about it brought back the butterflies and you snuggled deeper into his jacket.

"so, where do ya wanna go now? should we go somewhere or head back to my house?" Sans asked.

You looked back to Sans' house and point to it. "We should go and check on Papyrus!"

"yeah, that'd probably be wise. after all, you know how i said that he used to be scared of blackouts, well, he still is. i guess i sort of lied. you shouldn't trust me," Sans explains.

When you finally walk up to the door to his house, Sans smirks and you suddenly remember. DOOR PUN ALERT FROM THE DAY BEFORE!!

"you know, i really a-door this house. i'm actually amazed that the door is still here. i thought that the authorities would take it away. you wanna know why?" asked Sans. You nod. "because, it got framed!" he finished. You giggle and finally open the door.

Papyrus raced over to Sans and clinged to his brother in an instant. He didn't dare let go and he was pretty close to sobbing! Sans hugged his brother back a little more awkwardly out of being jumped so suddenly by his brother.

"SANS! I'M SORRY THAT I WASN'T ABLE TO FINISH THAT SPAGHETTI YOU ASKED FOR, BUT YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT THE POWER WOULD GO OUT RIGHT AFTER YOU LEFT! AT FIRST, I ASSUMED IT WAS A PRANK, BUT WHEN I LOOKED OUTSIDE, YOU AND (Y/N) WERE GONE! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE GOING TO DISAPPEAR INTO THIN AIR?" asked Papyrus as he clung to his brother.

"sorry bro, but (y/n) and i got a little distracted. i had no idea that the power would go out or i wouldn't have left," Sans explained.

Papyrus finally let go of Sans and looked to you. "WELL, HOW DID THINGS GO BETWEEN YOU AND (Y/N)? I HEARD FROM THE SHOPKEEPER LADY ON THE PHONE THAT YOU TWO WERE HUDDLED BY A FIRE TELLING STORIES ALONE... DID YOU HAVE FUN?" asked Papyrus with a somewhat smug look on his face due to the info he figured out about you and Sans.

"It's not like that!" you protested.

"I SHOULD'VE KNOWN THAT YOU WOULD PROTEST. WELL, IT'S STILL OBVIOUS THAT SANS REALLY LIKES YOU! BEFORE YOU CAME TO THE UNDERGROUND, HE ALWAYS SEEMED A LITTLE DOWN, BUT WHEN WE WERE GUIDING YOU TO SNOWDIN, I'VE NEVER SEEN MY BROTHER SO ENERGETIC TO MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION. HE ENDED UP FOLLOWING YOU THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE UNDERGROUND! NOW TELL ME, HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU JUST HAPPEN TO WANDER INTO HIM ON YOUR JOURNEY TO ASGORE'S CASTLE? HIS FIRST GOOD IMPRESSION TURNED INTO A NON ENDING OBSESSION!" Papyrus announced.

Sans looked to you and then back to Papyrus. "the reason i followed around (y/n) throughout her entire journey was because i promised tori that i would. not because i had an ongoing obsession over her," Sans replied.

You remembered how he told you about that at the MTT Resort in Hotland right before you entered the core. You still felt a little sad that he had other intentions besides being your friend. Even so, the past didn't change the present. You still had your suspicions about the way he feels about you.

"I'M SURE THAT THE TWO OF YOU WOULD RATHER BE OFF BY YOURSELVES THAN HERE TO COMFORT ME! SURE, I'M HAPPY THAT MY BROTHER ISN'T AS SAD ANYMORE, BUT EVER SINCE HE STARTED HANGING WITH (Y/N) SO MUCH, BAD THINGS HAVE BEEN HAPPENING TO ME!! SO, JUST GO AND LEAVE ME TO FEND FOR MYSELF!!" Papyrus yelled at you and Sans. Sans had the word guilt written across his face.

"i'm... really sorry about that bro... however, you know as much as i do that i value you more than anybody else. tell ya what, when i get back after hangin' with (y/n), i'll do whatever you wanna do for the entire day," Sans promised.