Memories

Ruby's POV:

When can I go back to before everything happened? I know who to call... I looked through my contacts and called the one person who truly understood me.

"Hello?"

"Auntie Anne?" I asked, hoping it was still her number.

"Oh my, is this?"

"Ruby? Yeah."

"My dear! How have you been with everything?"

"Not good. I called you because you're the only one who really understands me. You were there for me even though you couldn't do anything."

"What's wrong now?" Anne said in a comforting voice.

"With my new family, everything is so hard! I feel like the third wheel with Perrie and Isabella." I said, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Listen to me Ruby. You're a strong girl, even they will never understand what you've been through! But we will find a way, it gets easier. Just let them know what your feeling, and if that doesn't work give me or Gemma a call. Got it sweetheart?"

"I will try- do you remember what my mum looked like?"

"Look in the mirror, that's all you need to know Ruby. I love you hon."

"Love you too." I hung up the phone and walked over to my mirror. Everything came back, her comforting words as we sat in my nursery trying to drown out the smashing of bottles and plates when my dad got home, to her soft touch and delicate green/blue eyes. The way her hair was just the right length and no matter how hard I accidentally pulled at it, she didn't care. She loved me, she didn't die on purpose! But then I remember the night, she placed me in my bed, and whispered the five words that still remain imprinted in my brain.

"I'll always be with you." Then she disappeared, into the darkness. I had heard her screams, the way she yelled at my dad like the world depended on it. I tried to drown out the thundering footsteps coming up the stairs, closer and closer and finally when they stopped-

"Ruby?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I fell to the floor crying. Perrie came and sat down on the floor with me. She cradled me in her arms, rocking me back and forth. I moved away from her touch and she looked hurt. What have I done? You can't blame me, blame my father! Blame the nasty things that he said to an innocent 3 year old girl, and her mother. The way he- I can't continue. I heard Perrie's footsteps leave the room and I pulled out my diary.

I can't do this no more, I need out of here. Those words "I'll always be with you"... They are true, my mum will always be with me. Not comforting me, no. Haunting me of the yet happy but terrible memories that no child should receive.

I closed the diary and placed it beside me on the floor. I looked up at the ceiling, even though she's not here, she can see me, hear me.

"You ruined me mum! This isn't the way I wanted to live! I know you're watching me right now, you better be ashamed! I'm done with this!" And with that I was done.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Poor Ruby 😥

Do you think we can get to 1K overnight? For Ruby?

Goodnight everyone!

-Sammy