Chapter 3: The Fox

Sorry for the short chapter!

Tomoe's P.O.V.

I stare at the girl for a moment. She is surely the one Akura ou is after... I should just bring her to him, right? God knows he'd throw a tantrum if he knew I'd let her get away. He was enraged when he came home early from his attack on the village, and I knew that things hadn't gone his way.

"She ruined everything! Tomoe, if you find her, kill her and bring her to me. She'll be a great display." were the last words Akura said to me before I left. I just told him to end the silly game while I was gone. But now she was here...right in front of me.

I was so lost in thought and I didn't notice the girl was moving.

I look down at her, observing the delicate features on her face contorted in pain. Her eyes suddenly flash open, revealing a brilliant (e/c). She gasps and lets out a strangled cry when she sees me. She scrambles backwards, away from me. She reaches to her side, as if to grasp a weapon, but she remains empty handed. I spot a katana on the ground behind her, and she does too. Wincing, she tries to crawl towards it, her breath ragged.

I smirk and remember Akura's orders. Well, better get it over with. I walk towards her menacingly and unsheathe my katana. This is going to be easy.

She stops attempting to crawl away and catches her breath. She looks up at me with those stunning (e/c) eyes and gives me a desperate look. Then, in a helpless whisper, she says, "Please don't, fox,"

In that very moment, my heart is stolen. I let my katana fall to the ground as I just stare at the girl before me.

What is this warm feeling?

Thank you for reading! :) Please vote and stay tuned <3