Stressful Supper

"Hey baby girl!" She said, giving me a tight hug. The house was filled with the sweet smell of apple pie along with the dinner she prepared.
"Hey mom!" I replied, kissing her on the cheek. "Something smells good!" I said.
"Come on in, wash your hands and have a seat at the table while I fix your plate." She said, hurrying into the kitchen. My mother was always anxious and excited to see me.
I hung up my coat and washed my hands.
"I made your favorites." Mom said. She cooked an exquisite meal.

There was baked Tilapia, cheese broccoli corn bread muffins, white rice, and fried shrimp

There was baked Tilapia, cheese broccoli corn bread muffins, white rice, and fried shrimp. She also mad a fresh, cold, homemade pitcher of lemonade.
"Awe mom how sweet of you! I'm starved. Today was long and dreadful." I said, pulling my chair up to the table.
She sat my plate down and I dug in, taking a huge bite of my Tilapia. Mom took a seat after she grabbed herself a plate.
"How is school?" She asked, looking at me with analization.
"It's fine" I replied,my mouth full of food.
"That's good sweetheart. Have you talked to Patricia today?"
I dropped my fork, slightly choking on my food.
Why did she have to bring up Patricia?...
"Erica, you okay baby?"
"Yes, I'm alright mom. I took a sip of lemonade.
"Well have you?" She continued.
"Not yet." I said, wishing she'd give me a break.
"That's unusual. She must be with that Dominic again?"
"I don't know mom, it's a possibility considering that he's her boyfriend." I said.
"Don't get sarcastic with me." She whined.
"I'm sorry it's just...It's been a long day and I didn't come over here for an interview..." I began to get angry.

"Erica, I just asked if you spoke with her today. I always do. Sorry I asked..." I could see that she was hurt by my frustration.
"You know what, i'm just going to go home..." I said.
"Home? But you just got here. Eat and relax, please." Mom said. I wasn't trying to make things any worse. "Erica please, you just got here." She pleaded, following me to the front door. I didn't respond. I got in the car and sped off. Once I got back on my side of town, Patricia called.
I was stuck in traffic on the highway.
Erica: Hey there!
Patricia: Hey girl, why haven't I heard from you?
Erica: I umm... I didn't want to disturb you. I figured that maybe you were with Dominic...
Patricia: That's understood but you know I do not mind you. Where are you now? I need to talk with you in person.
Erica: I'm caught in traffic, and i'm about thirty minutes away from your area.
Patricia: Can you meet me at Piccolo Cafe?
Erica: Sure, I will be there as soon as I can.
Patricia: Alright, see you then.

What could Patricia have to tell me?, I thought. I didn't know what to expect.