Threatened

Erica's POV

I met up at the coffe shop with my mom that morning. She was in town and wanted to check up on me. She was also anxious and excited about my upcoming graduation. She and I had made up and tried working on our relationship. It was very hard for her to accept the fact that I was gay.
"Have you spoken with Patricia lately?" She asked, taking a sip of her latte.
"Not lately. I didn't want to come between her and Dominic." I began to cry because I truly did love Patricia. The longer she was away from me the more pain I felt. I hoped that she was safe. My mom never seen me this way. She tried her best to comfort me.
"Awww sweetheart I'm so sorry"
"I love her" I cried. "I didn't want any of this to happen."
"Shhhh I know Erica, I know. But things will get better in time."
"I just hope she's safe."
I finished up my date with my mom and headed to work. I had a little security job not far from here.
At work, All I thought about was...
"Erica, I need a word with you. NOW."
A voice said. I looked up from my desk and it was Dominic.
"Dominic now is not the time. I'm at work as you can see."
He flashed his pistol at me from inside of his jacket.
"NOW."
I put my pistol on my desk in a calm manner so that he could see it.
"You don't scare me boy. Now what do you want?"
"I know about you and my wife."
"And? I broke it off-"
"Listen to me and you listen to me good...stay away from Patricia. You're stressing her out."
I stood up and he and I were nose to nose over my security desk.
"I'M stressing her out? I pleased her in ways you never could. I understand her in ways you never could. I make her feel the way you only desire to. And you can't stand it...  But what you're not going to do is keep me away from her. Im giving her space, but if I want her I'll take her from you. That's why you're trying to leave with her soon. That's why you can't stay away from that goddamn cocaine! You're an insecure bitch. That's why You make her feel low, because its how you fucking feel about your self! Now get the fuck out of my office boy."
I said, laughing in his face.
"You think you're hard bitch?..."
I laughed even harder at his pitiful ass. He stormed out of my office and I gave Patricia a call.