The "Good News"

Once I pulled up at the Cafe my mom called my cell. I didn't answer. I hated talking to my mom when I was upset. I needed to clear my head of everything.
I entered the Cafe and spotted Patricia sitting near the back by the windows. She stood up and hugged my neck. I took a deep inhale of her perfume. "Sit down, sit down," Patricia said. She was extremely joyful and jumpy.
"What's going on?" I said.
She held out her left hand and flashed her sparkling, brand new diamond ring. "He proposed last night!" She said.
Great, I thought. Fucking great!
As much as I wanted to hide my disappointment, Patricia noticed I didn't react.
"Erica....say something!"
"What is it that you want me to say?"
Her face turned red and she gave me a mean look. "I knew you'd react this way..." She dropped her head down and began to cry.

"I'm sorry...I-"
"Just stop." She interrupted. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about Dominic and me. I love him and I am going to be his wife in three days. Whether you like it or not..."
"Three days? God, I can't believe what I am hearing right now."
"Why can't you be happy for me?" Patricia Said, holding back her tears.
"Patricia listen...-"
"Mami! Te amo mucho bebe!" Dominic said, as he walked over to us and grabbed Patricia.
"Hey Baby! Te amo Papi!" She kissed him and looked at me.
I starred at him and rolled my eyes in disgust.
"Aye, yo I'm tired of you rolling ya fucking eyes at me every time I come around, you got a problem?" He said.
"Yes, I do have a problem. I can't stand your no good, conceited, lying, cheating manipulative ass." I snapped.
"Erica stop! What the hell is wrong with you?" Patricia said.

"I can't take this...come on baby let's go" She said, pulling Dominic away from me. I watched the two of them leave as I stood there thinking about how fucked up things had gotten. Patricia may have thought that she was happy, but she was much more deserving of a better lover.
Dominic cheated on Patricia more times than I could count, and she still took him back. He was a no good, puerto rican dope boy from Brooklyn. He didnt have any true intentions of doing right by Patricia. How could she be so stupid?
I felt as though I was losing her to Dominic. She would always let him get inside her head. Fuck him!

 Fuck him!