Caught Red Handed

Kristen's Pov

I dropped my full bag on the couch, staring at the t.v. in confusion.

I had packed the night before and had spent the entire night freaking out about returning to the Hall. I talked to Barbra about it and she said she could get me some clearance before the League could officially let me back in. My problem was code red. I had no idea if we were still on that. It's been quite a while since I've talked with the Team and the League together.

But right now, first-day anxiety was the least of my worries. The news was on, and quite frankly, I was shocked. "Mal, since when did we start watching the news?"

My eyes followed the breaking news line at the bottom of the screen. Mal walked over to me from the kitchen, with the towel in between her hands. She paused when she saw what I was looking at.

"I am so sorry, Kris. I totally forgot-" She started on a rant as she frantically ran around searching for the remote.

"Shh, just listen," I held my hands out to stop her in her tracks. I had fastened my attention on what was playing in front of me.

She glanced back and forth between me and the screen, confusion etched into her expression. "-can see these heroes are working side by side with the Justice League. They are fighting with a well-known group of villains from Gotham City. Our next concern is, how will Bialyan forces react to this form of attack?"

What happened this time? "I have to go."

In an instant, I was opening the door, with my bag slung over my shoulder. Mal's hand reached out for my shoulder, pulling me into a hug. "Be careful alright?"

"As always," I give her a smile, before walking out the door to make my way to the nearest zeta tube. 

Worry was bubbling inside my head. This was an international incident. If the League and the Team were already on the news...that was not a great sign. Normally, we're reserved for undercover missions.

I knew right now, there was nothing I could do, but I had to be back at the Hall. This felt off to me. Bane never attacks the League on offensive terms. He's too smart to do that. Besides, Bruce would never drag out all of his forces for one group of Gotham villains. I mean, we weren't that special.

Scarlet B42

The first thing I didn't expect to hear when I arrived was silence. The second thing was the twins sitting at the computer in the main Hall. I didn't even know they had clearance to do anything by themselves.

Then again, where have I been for the past month and a half? Right, not here.

I slowed my footsteps to an almost silent pace. Instinctively, I started to analyze their every move. Every word spoken between them was hushed. They even looked like a secret. I narrowed my eyes, scanning the holographic screen in front of them for anything revealing. All I could make out was a map of Bialya and several blinking red dots.

They were watching the League.

My attention focused in on what looked like a small recording device. Of course, they were marking their every move and reporting it.

As quietly as possible, I snapped several pictures of them on my phone. Bruce would have a field day with this.

I smirked, pocketing my phone, and continuing to look as normal as when I first walked in. "Hey, guys, it's nice to see you two again."

Rita was the first to spin around. The small device disappeared somewhere, and all of a sudden, they were the innocent children I saw when we had first met. Damn, they're good.