Chapter 11

*Lily's POV*
I stood in shock. I didnt move. I didnt breath. Looking around i saw everyone was kneeling.

Even Luke.

"Luke you dont have to do that get up please" i said feeling sad. I wasnt sure why but i did. They all rose after a moment. Chiron came over to me and clapped his hand on my shoulder.

"Lily you can stay in Lukes cabin tonight but tomorrow you move to your proper cabin" he gave me a stern look and walked away. Looking around i found that Luke had left. I felt sad again.

I knew i was falling for him since he helped me run away. Him sitting in the driver seat of his car. Something happened. I was falling and falling hard.

I didnt stay at the camp fire long. Once i got back to Lukes cabin i had made a choice. I would tell him how i felt. If he didnt feel the same that was understandable. If he did i would be the happiest person in the world. I opened the door to find luke rummiging in the closet. A black backpack sat on the bed with clothes hastily thrown in. He was leaveing?

"W-where are you going?" I asked quietly

"To get my sister now that you were claimed and have your own cabin my quest is complete  so im going to find her" he said. He really didnt feel the same. The realization hit like a ton of bricks. And it hit hard. Tears weld in my eyes. I could almost feel my heart shatter in my chest.

He sounded almost glad that i was no longer his responsibility.  He really did hate me. Tears leaked out of my eyes. I didnt even notice.
"Are you ok lil? Why are you crying?" Luke asked walking up to me. He cupped my face and wiped my eyes for me. "Whats wrong?" He said. His eyes had a soft glow to them. So loving and tender. I wondered how he could have a look in his eyes like that when he clearly hated me. The door was still open behind me.

I wanted to tell him. I wanted to collapse in his arms and cry until i feel asleep. Until i feel asleep and never woke up. I wanted to kiss him. I wonder how it would feel.  Rough and passionate or soft and slow and loving. No. For all those things the feeling had to be returned.

Instead, i bolted out the door. My purse still hanging on my shoulder. I remembered pencil sharpener i had shoved in ther from school. They could be easily dismantled. I had made another choice. This one i'd follow through with.

Down the grass i ran. I could hear Luke shouting. Asking me to please stop. To slow down and talk to him. I couldn't. I changed my course for the woods. Jumping over a fallen long that looked like it had been chewed down. Tears ran ramped down my face as fast as i my self ran. The same thought kept playing over in my head. A though i had to get used to. Luke had been my first real crush. Ive never kissed a boy much less dated one.

'He hates me' I had to keep reminding my self 'he hates me'

The tears now ran faster than i did. Lukes yells and pleades got fainter and fainter. Soon when there was no sound I stopped.
It took longer than i would of liked to catch my breath. Pulling out the sharpener i plopped on the ground. Just as i had hoped, it wasnt to hard to take apart. I pulled the blade off and took a deep breath. Wishing it was my final i realised, it could be. The idea had wormed into my head. Its not like i havent tryed before. I made the decision quickly.

Pulling up my sleeve on my left arm,seeing as i was right handed, i angled the blade just right. With a forced breath i dug the blade in. Pulling strait down instead of sideways i bit my lip in pain. It burned,but this was it. I could tell when i wasnt want. Whether it was in school or at home or even here i could tell. Between the rumors about me from others and Luke i could clearly see i wasnt wanted. I wasnt wanted anywhere.  So i wouldnt be anywhere.

I heard a twig snap to my right. The way i came. Luke stood winded and a sword in his hand. The sword was covered in dust. He had clearly been in a fight. His shirt was ripped at the shoulder and his pants at the knee. His arm was cut and bleeding. Not nearly as bad as mine,thankfully. He hit a switch on the sword and it shrank down to a watch. So thats where that came from. Did he always have that?

He saw my wirst. The cut dragging up to my elbow. Blood spilling out. His eyes widened. Rushing over to me he tore his shirt off and pressed it to the cut that was sure to leave a scar if i got out of this one alive. There was still a hope in side me i wouldnt. Black dots pressed their way into my vision.

Between the spots and the tears all i could see was a blurr of blonde and blue. My head swirled and my mind stopped the repeating the harsh phrases. I could hear luke saying things. Sweet things.

"Hey hey keep your eyes open lil come on dont do this to me" he said pressing on the open cut. Fresh blood soked his shirt.

"L-luke i..im sorry i didnt mean t-t" i tried as my breath chose a bad time to leap from ny lungs at a rapid pace leaving me grasping for air "to be a..b-bother im so sorry."

With that my eyes slipped closed. The last thing i heard was
"No NO lily please please I love you dont go"