Chapter 15

*Lily's POV *
We ran as quite as we could through the sleeping camp of demi-gods that I had only began to call home. It was quite as it could be. The only sounds were the few campers that snored and the few clumsy Hermes children that would fall off their bunks. What Will had told me still rang in my head. Luke was a hero. Why did he blame himself for his sister thought?

A millions questions flooded my mind and I knew non of them would ever get answered. Luke would never answer them. I knew that. I snuck a glace at him as we reached a pine tree with a cloth that hung off a branch and a sleeping dragon coiled around the base of it. His face was guarded but his eyes brimmed with emotions. The way his blonde hair reflected the moon light made it look almost silver. His blue eyes overflowed with sadness and sorrow. His right hand had drifted to the hilt of his sword, gripping it until his knuckles turned white. He looked like he was overcome with memories. "Luke?" 

That seemed to shift him out of what ever had been cultivating his mind. "Let's keep going" he said as he let go of his sword and we exited the protective barrier of camp. He still held the guarded expression that said he wasn't going to talk about. "S0..Where are we going do you know?"

"Well.." he sighed and looked up "Not at the moment I have to ask around for a lead but for now we are going to an old place where there are some resources there and we can sleep and everything"

"Wheres it at?" I asked lightly

"Richmond Virgina" he sighed and ran his hand throught his hair.

It was clear after that he didn't want to talk about it. I tried to focus on the setting of where we were. The outskirts of long island was beautiful at this time of night. The sky seemed more alive as the stars danced across loving the lack of lights. The grass was a deep dark green that looked almost black. The trees that surrounded us loomed over our heads with braches trying to reach up and touch the sky. They looked as if they were trying to join the stars in their dance, but instead their roots keep them attached to the ground unable to play with the dazzling diamonds in the sky. The moon, bright and full, seemed to be like the old mother watching over the stars like her kids in their play time. Proud of the way they were shining in the dark, lighting, the boy who I was ever so slowly yet without warning the suddenness falling head over heals for and my way. "Look, Luke the sky's awake" I said quoting the Disney movie Frozen.

"Really?" he chuckled "Quoting a snowman?"

"Technically I'm quoting a snowman who was quoting a princess" I said twisting around to face him walking backwards. He chuckled and got that sly grin that every Hermes child had but Luke seemed to do it justice. By committing crimes. He rushed at me and hooked his arms around the back of my knees and threw me over his shoulder. He began to spin around in circles quickly, laughing as I screamed for him to let me down. this went on for about two minutes until Luke stopped and let his legs give out and we tumbled to the ground. I rolled off him and laid to his left on my back laughing waiting for my head to stop spinning. He was laughing as well, a true smiles seeking way to his face lighting up his eyes with life. His hand met with mine and wrapped around mine. He was holding my hand. For no apparent reason he had just reached over and held my hand. My laughter died and blush rose to my face. Luke just laid there with his eyes closed my hand in his.
I couldn't help but to look at his lips. His lips just looked as if they needed someone else to kiss them.
I couldn't control what i was doin, i just couldn't help it. I leaned my head so that my lips could met his. Just as i was about to kiss him, there was a sound from camp. "Shit...they have noticed were gone...we gotta go" Luke said jumping up.

He stood and helped me up. "Why is it so bad, wont they understandwe are just going for Savanna?" I asked full of innocence

"Not with my past, how good of a runner are you" he asked worry lacing his voice. I gave him a confused look and he sighed " The camp has learned how to train hell hounds and can track us with our scent and they are fast as fuck"

I never was the track star much less could run a half mile in gym with out passing out. "I have breathing issues ill pass out if i run to long."

He grumbled and hooked an arm around the back of my knees and the other around my back and carried me bridal style. He took off running full speed as i heard a howl perice the quite night sky. Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed across the sky. Rain poured down heavly, drenching me and Luke. Water dripped of lukes for-head and his hair was flattened against his head. His blue eyes seemed alive and alert. He looked amazing. I probably looked like a wet rat.
"What did you do in your past?" I yelled over the thunder as Luke gripped me tight and ran faster. I could feel his heart thumping wildly in his chest.

"I cant tell you" he said some how still managing to have air in his lungs.

"Why not" i asked starting to get scared

"Youll hate me... I dont want you to leave me like everyone else" he said the last part bearly loud enough to hear, but i did. I looked at him with wide eyes and he stumbled to a stop. I wondered why when i looked in front of us. A cliff loomed over water. It was about a 200 foot drop and the hounds were getting closer. "Do you trust me?" Luke said finally breathless.

"Yes" i said quickly. It was true i did trust Luke with all i am.

He nodded and yelled over the sudden storm "hold on and let go at last second you understand." I nodded quickly and before i knew it we were falling.

50 feet.

100 feet. 150 feet

165 feet. 190. I let go and he pushed me forward in the air.

200 feet. Water hit me and it all went black.