Chapter 27

My first day at the hospital, felt different from all the other times. I felt like I actually wanted to be there and get help. I felt as though I had a purpose, it felt amazing. I had been in the program going on 6 weeks! The person that was over the program, Ms. Simms, she told everyone that we had to find our motivation and things that helped us with our anxiety and depression. It could be anything from singing to cooking, to running. Ms. Simms also told us during our treatment that we had to start journaling. And that if we could complete one entire composition book, that showed true potential and growth. From, day one I started journaling  right from the beginning, it felt so good to get all that negative energy off of my chest; I had at least 4 journals full of just the bad shit that I endured. This fifth journal was about my love story with Jason. I felt and still feel that he and God are my only reasons I have to live. Next week, we get to write letters to our loved ones. I can't wait to write my man.

It was time to write my man something I'd been waiting to do I missed him so much but I'm doing this for the both of us & I actually feel good, I can honestly say that I'm not the same person I was before I wss more open now Ms. Simms said that I am improving quite well & I had to agree by the time I had realized what I was doing I had written 5 pages to Jason I finished the letter & put it in a envelope with a stamp I got up from my seat & put the letter in the mailbox on my way back to my seat I was stopped by Ms. Simms. "How Are You Feeling Today Elise?" I smiled at her then I sat down. "I Feel Good Today Ms.  Simms." She smiled at me. "That's Wonderful I'm Glad I'm Very Proud Of The Progress You Made You're Really Improving." I don't know but hearing her say that made me tear up & feel some type of way I wiped my face as Ms. Simms got up to go check on another patient who was having a meltdown. I couldn't believe that I was actually progressing I wanted to Jason but it had to wait my life is changing & I'm excited.