Berwald Oxenstierna

A wooden heart

They said that to find your soulmate easily is that you have to find the symbol tattooed on your body, and then wished upon it.

You asked a lot of your friends who had finally found their soulmates, they said that some of them did try it, some failed to find it because they found their soulmate in the middle of their search for the symbols. Some gave up searching for their symbol and waited. The others didn't search their symbol, saying they can just search for their soulmate instead of those trinkets.

You sighed, maybe trying to find your symbol is a lot harder than searching your soulmate. A wooden heart, that was what your symbol said.

You need to find a wooden heart. But you already search far and wide in your city even on the other near cities, but you can't find one. Searching else where and a far one at that wouldn't actually work for you considering you're not that rich to travel around the world to find your wooden heart.

Walking away from the park you occupied awhile ago as you contemplate your situation, you suddenly saw a sign that made your heart flutter. A woodcraft shop.

You then ran to it, as if it would disappear if you didn't make it there fast. Gulping down a lot of air as you close the shop's door, you proceed to search what you're looking for.

When you saw it, in a small beautiful wooden case with glasses on all its side for the world to see, it was so small it can even be made as a necklace, it was so beautiful that it mesmerized you that it made you so absorbed to it you didn't felt the new presence when he spoke up.

"Sorry that's not for sale." A strong Scandinavian accent reach your ears as you immediately whirled around and muttered an apology from barging in, even though it's quite normal to just barge in a shop.

"Uh, what did you mean 'not for sale'?" You asked, hoping its not what you think it is.

"The wooden heart on that case." He said.

"O-oh no, it really is. But this is the only one I saw and its so hard to find another one. A wooden heart is not that easy to find. Can you please sell it to me? I really need it." You plead.

"Its for my soulmate." He explained. So it was a gift for his soulmate, such lucky girl. Bowing your head as he walk towards the object of your depression and he took off the wooden heart. Probably gonna take it off the place so noone  would try to buy it, when he stood in front of me and thrust the wooden heart in front.

"A gift."

You looked at his blue-green eyes framed with eye glass then looked down the wooden heart, then looked at him. Not understanding what it meant. Sighing with a smile he rolled up his sleeve on his right hand and saw his soulmate tattoo, a wooden heart.

"Some did try to buy it, but for another reason. But when you said a wooden heart, I knew it wasn't just because its beautiful but you specifically searching for a wooden heart, which turns out that you're my soulmate." He explained as he suddenly produce a silver chain and clipped the wooden heart on it and as if it is natural for him to just invade your space and proceed to wrapped the necklace on your neck. Slightly and quickly touching the wooden heart symbol on your neck.

"I'm Berwald Oxenstierna."

A/N: Yey! I think this is sweet. Well another update for you guys, I hope you'll enjoy it!