Chapter 11

I don't want to get up, ugh. I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock in hopes of shutting the damn thing up, with luck, it shut up on the first time I tapped it.

With a sigh, I unwrapped myself from the cocoon I made with my comforters and headed to the bathroom. Within a few minutes I finished brushing my hair, washing my face, and brushing my teeth. I got out of the bathroom and got dressed in some ripped skinny jeans and one of the boy's shirts. I stuffed my feet into my shoes and headed downstairs.

The sound of angry voices reached my ears before I even made it down the stairs. Once I made it to the kitchen, I saw the Carson making breakfast, but Aiden and 'mom' were arguing with each other.

"She doesn't want you here, hell, no one wants you here," Aiden glared at the woman. She huffed in surprise and looked down at her mug, she swirled the contents within it. I decided to make my presence known and stepped into the room, "Good morning everyone!" They all looked up and smiled, however Aiden's quickly diminished as 'mom' made her way towards me. She opened her arms for a hug but I swerved out of her reach and made my towards the island where my food was waiting for me.

From the corner of my eye, I could see her standing where I left her. A look of sadness passed her face but I ignored it. There should be no sympathy towards her. She sighed and sat down in her chair once more.

Awkward silence enveloped us all, but it was sliced through when she spoke. "I missed all of you." I ignored her words and continued eating, Aiden set a glass of water in front of me and I thanked him. "Hera, how has school been? Are your grades up?" Curiosity and some sadness laced her voice but I once again ignored her. Why is she trying to talk to me?

I finished eating and Carson took my plate and washed it, the whole time I could feel her watching us. "Please talk to me," she grabbed my arm but I angrily snatched it from her. I turned to face her, hurt was evident and it shaped her face.

"Talk to you? You and dad were gone for a whole year and a half and never made any attempts to contact us and now you want us to talk to you? Are you fucking kidding me?" Anger seeped through every word I said, I don't care if it hurt her.

Her face started to change from hurt to anger, her brows furrowed together and her eyes grew dark. "That is no way to speak to your mother young lady," she growled at me. I laughed in her face and got out of my seat and stood between the boys, they were both glaring at her.

"Mother? You're no mother of ours, you were never a mother ever since you left us. I guess your job is more important than your three kids, am I right, Delilah?" She flinched as I threw that information at her, but she maintained her posture. "Don't speak to me like that." I rolled my eyes at her and grabbed my backpack, "I'll be in that car waiting." The three of them stared after me as I walked through the front door.

A few minutes passed before the boys came out. Their faces were unreadable but I ignored it and settled in the quietness that was sure to come. They got in and we headed to school. The whole time I could see they were whispering to each other. I turned my head and stared at the passing scenery.

+++++++++++

We made it to the school ten minutes before the first bell rang. We grabbed our belongings and walked into the building, the whole time the boys kept me in between them and stared anyone down who dared to give me a mean look.

However, they both became giddy as their girlfriends came and latched themselves onto their arms. Natalie, a beautiful brunette with an athletic body due to soccer, kissed Aiden on the cheek and greeted me good morning. Her smile was contagious and made me smile back at her. Liana, another beautiful brunette, however, she's not athletic as Natalie due to the fact that she's the president of student body. She also showed a sign of affection by kissing Carson on the cheek, she also greeted me hello but her smile never reached her eyes.