Chapter 3

The day seemed to drag by; I surprisingly managed to block everything out and not get caught by the teachers. The lunch bell finally rang and I jumped out of my chair and gathered all my things; I took my time so I could avoid bumping into Lance in the hallways.

             "Hera, hurry up!" I looked up and saw it was my best-friend Media. She stood at the doorway and bounced on her feet as she waited on me, her dyed pink hair bounced and swished around her. Her pretty blue eyes kept looking at me then at the hallway.

           I finished packing my bag and grabbed her hand as I walked out the door. I looked around the emptying hall for the any sign of Lance or Chloe.

             "What's the rush for babe?" Media asked. She quickened her pace so she was walking right next to me. I shrugged my shoulders and kept on walking, she looked over at me but didn't ask anything. We finally made it to the cafeteria, I looked for a space to sit down but someone already decided to get a seat for me.

           "Hera!" I looked around to see where the voice came from and saw Aiden waving his arm, he was sitting with Carson and some of his other friends from the track team. I looked over at Media and saw that she was already looking at me with a smile on her face. "I guess it's okay with you if we sit with them?" I asked her.

           Her smile got wider and she made her way to the table with me in tow, I laughed at her eagerness and followed her lead. Aiden looked up and smiled at us and told the fellow boys to make room for the two of us girls.

           "Well hello ladies!" Aiden smiled at us.  We greeted him back and sat together at the empty spaces that were just made. The boys said "hi" to us and went back to their conversations. Media's smile seemed to grow even bigger when her crush, Michael, who was the linebacker of the football team, started a conversation with her.

           I quietly laughed at her and instantly felt lonely from the lack of attention I was given. Carson seemed to notice because he started to talk say something but instantly stopped. I gave him a confused look and followed his gaze, I turned around and saw Chloe glaring down at me. 

          The skin under her layer of makeup seemed to glow red with fury, her eyes were shooting daggers at me. If looks could kill, I would be dead at the spot I was on. "What were you doing speaking to Lance?!" Her high screechy voice seemed to raise an octave as she asked her question.

           The conversations at the table slowly diminished when they saw her talking to me, it was completely quiet when I began to talk. "That's really none of your business Chloe, it had nothing to do with you," I calmly answered her. 

          The air around us was heavy with tension, even though my back was turned to them, I felt the table of boys ready themselves for the action that was about to unfold. I could hear Carson and Aiden's breathing became heavy with anticipation. I wanted to turn my head to give them a smile but I didn't want a surprise attack from the fake Barbie that stood in front of me.

             "Stay the fuck away from my boyfriend!" She screeched at me. She stomped her foot on the floor making the sound of her heel echo throughout the cafeteria. I chuckled at her, unmoved by her childish move. 

          "And if I don't stay away from him?" I smugly asked her. She raised her hand and slapped me, her manicured nails dug into my skin after her palm left my cheek. Pain radiated throughout the abused skin as another swat was released on my skin. Media gasped and stood up in front of me, the boys around me also stood up and made a wall between Chloe and me.

           The blonde slut laughed at what the boys were doing, "You're fucking pathetic, getting men to face your problems." She laughed again at her insult.  "If you don't stay away from Lance there will be more than a slap to your face, you skank." She growled at me.  

          The boys pushed her away and she spun on her heel and walked away, the boys kept their composure until the sound of her heels were gone. Media and my brothers quickly surrounded me, their hands were on my face searching for any more damage than the ones just done, the other boys just stood there and awkwardly tried to make me feel better.

             "I swear to god I'm going to kill that bitch one day!" Media exclaimed. I chuckled at her but quickly regretted it when my cheeks pained from the stretch of my smile. "Media, take her to the nurse please." Carson commanded her. 

          She didn't object and grabbed me and our stuff as she walked us out. Students watched us walk by, some stared at the scratch marks that were left on my cheek, Media gave glares to them and huffed at the ones who spoke to their friends after we walked by. 

          "Are you okay babe?" Concern laced her voice. I looked at her and nodded, we were out of the cafeteria and I stopped walking, Media gave me a confused look but it quickly turned sour when she saw the person I was looking at.

           In front of us was Lance, with a pissed off look that masked his face.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for reading!

Please 

-vote

-comment what you think

-share!

:]