Chapter 8

Can this class hurry the fuck up? I sat in my desk and stared at the back of my teacher's head, the small bald spot on the back of his head seemed more interesting than the calculus topic he was teaching. I watched as he continued to write the functions and numbers on the board, his mouth was moving but the explanation of his work didn't reach me. 

          The numbers and functions all made sense to me so I decided to lay my head down, he wouldn't have cared anyways, he knows that I have all of this down. The other kids seemed to notice what I was doing and glared. It's not my fault they don't study. I rolled my eyes and hid my head in my arms. I need to sleep anyways.

          "Hera, what's the answer to this?" My teacher slowly stalked his way towards me as I looked up at the question. I rolled my eyes when I realized that it was the corny Valentine's Day math problem. Everyone else in the class seemed like they haven't figured it out as they continued to redo the answer on their scratch papers. 

          "So, what is it Ms. Hera?" Mr. Case, my calculus teacher asked. He stared down at me with the little twinkle in his eyes- it always showed when he asked me math problems since I'm basically the only one that knows the answers.

          The others seemed to get the answer when they turned to look where I was sitting, smug looks on their faces. They probably think I don't know the answer to this. I looked back at Mr. Case, he gestured me to go to the board. I groaned under my breath and stood up and made my way towards the stupid white board. 

          I picked up one of the markers and proceeded to answer the question. Moans and groans of disappointment slowly started to fill the room as other students realized they had the wrong answer. Those smug ass looks better be off their faces, fucking ass wipes, don't underestimate me. I placed the marker down and walked back to my desk and started to put my things in my backpack, the bell rang just as I zipped my bag shut. I quickly walked out to the hallway and made my way to my next class.

          Just one this block left and you're done, just one more block- you can make it. I glared at the back of the people's heads in front of me as I kept walking while trying to block the noises of the people around me. Other kids also seemed to be in a hurry but the rest seemed to be more interested at something on the side of the hall.

           Slowly, others started to stop and block the hall and the hurrying students, some of the people started to groan as others started to look excited and hurriedly took their phones out. I looked up at the guy's phone next to me and saw that he was getting a video of something- or rather, someone. I pulled on his sleeve and he looked down at me, the excitement also showed in his eyes, it's like the first time he's seen the action happening in front of him.

          "What's going on, why did everyone stop?" I asked. He looked surprised, his face made it seem like I was supposed to know what was happening. I pulled on his sleeve again and waited for his response. "It's Media and Chloe, they're fighting," he stared down at me. Confusion clouded my head as to why they were fighting. I stood there and looked at him; he seemed to notice that I was dazed from what he said and grabbed my hand. He pushed people out of his way and dragged me to the front of the crowd. 

          True to his word, there they were, Media and Chloe duking it out. My 'best-friend' seemed to look like she was winning, she had the advantage of being on top and her punches were consistent and seemed like they were never going to stop. I looked at Chloe's face and instantly started to feel bad for her.

           Media's fist had done instant damage to the blonde girl's face; blood was gushing out of Chloe's nose, her right eye was starting to swell and close- an ugly black and blue hue discolored the skin, and her bottom lip was busted and also bleeding. Media suddenly got up and backed away from the blonde, I looked at her knuckles and stared at the angry red hue- some of them were split open and were starting to bleed.