Chapter 14

My body felt like it was floating, it was numb- both mind and physical being. My eyes were open, bright lights were blinding me. I tired to lift my arm, but nothing happened. No movement at all.

"Hera, can you hear me?" My body started to rock side to side. Why? I looked to my right and saw that it was my mother shaking my shoulder. Wait, what? "Hera, can you speak?" She leaned down and looked into my eyes, the green orbs stared into my face and looked for any indication that I was responding.

    C'mon, do something. I forced my arm to move, surprisingly it did. The 'thump' of it falling back down onto the bed got my mother's attention. Slowly, I gained more feeling in my arm and seconds later, feeling was back into my body. She stepped back and looked at my body, my toes were wiggling and my hands were coming towards my face.

"Boys, get in here!" She stood at the door and yelled. The sound of heavy feet resonated through the hallway and into my room. The three men ran into my room, they stopped at the foot of my bed. Aiden and dad looked pissed- Aiden especially, his nostrils were flaring and his face was red. His eyes were narrowed and were taking in my appearance. Carson, looked sad more than angry. Tears were in his eyes, he didn't bother hiding that he was wiping away the ones that were falling. My father, he looked livid. It seemed like if he could, he would strangle the person who did this to me.

I eyed them, I was too scared to speak, let alone ask what they were thinking. Mother came and sat on my right, she took my hand and started massaging the palm of my hand. I knew she was looking at me, but I ignored her stare.

Slowly, Aiden and Carson walked and stood on the left side of my bed, their eyes were trained on my face, looking at every bruise and swelling on my face. "Who did this to you?" Aiden growled. Tears pricked my eyes, but I forced myself not to cry. Be strong. Carson sat down and grabbed my other hand and started circling his thumb over my knuckles.

"I'm gonna ask again, and this will be the last time. Who fucking touched you?" Aiden's voice was threatening, it seemed like he was about to lose it. This time I let the tears roll down my cheeks, I turned to look at him, his body seemed to relax, but only a little.

Mother lowly hushed me and wiped the falling tears, my father just stood there and stared- his body was rigid as he walked and stood beside mother, his eyes were steely and narrowed, I could see the fire burning within. Carson kept his grip on my hand, but it was steadily getting tighter. He stared at me, his eyes were telling me what he wanted to say.

I hiccuped and breathed in, my lungs burned as I held in the air. I slowly released then inhaled again, this time breathing at my normal rate. My eyes scanned everyone that was around me- mother was sitting on my right, but her eyes were on my father who was standing on her side. Carson was on my left and was releasing his grip on my hand, and Aiden kept his stance and was staring at me. We made eye contact but I quickly looked away.

"How'd I get here?" Everyone's eyes turned to look at me, confusion filled their faces. I sighed as I realized that I'd have to explain myself.

Father was the first one to speak, "A nice boy took you home, he seemed panicked when he left you in Carson's arms." His voice was firm but yet soft, however, his eyes were still burning and narrowed.

"It was Lance, he ratted you out, so don't even try to change the story on us," Aiden growled. I hung my head in shame that I was caught in a lie. You didn't lie, no one was here for you to say where you were going. I opened my mouth to retort, but I knew explaining myself wasn't going to help me-physically and emotionally.

"Hera, just please tell us. We want to help you," Mother said. She stroked my hair and looked me in my eyes. The familiar green brought back memories of when I was younger and her and father were still around the house. The scent of lavender and vanilla drifted into my nose, it always encircles her. The familiarity of her and knowing that she was right in front of me, still caring made me break down, again.

She wrapped her arms around me, I felt the bed dip by my feet. I peeked through my mother's arms and saw that my father was coming in to also encircle his arms around me. The tears started to flow more profusely. This is where they've should've been all these past years.

A minute or two passed before I started to calm down. Father moved away but maintained his seat on the bed, mother also pulled back but she kept her hand in mine. She wiped away the tears and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. Her eyes stared into mine, the green calmed me and my breathing slowly became normal.

"It was Marcus," my whisper was barely audible. However, Carson heard it. He released my hand and jumped up from the bed. He was seething; his face became red, hands were into fists, and his eyes became narrow. Aiden looked confused, but turned rigid when he heard our brother muttering the name.

"Marcus Vinto?" He spat. I could do nothing but nod my head. He growled and walked over to the closest wall and punched it. The crack of the plaster and drywall boomed through my room. "Fuck!" He cradled his hand, the skin over his knuckles were split and bleeding. "Fuck!" He punched another hole by the one he previously made.

"Aiden, stop!" My father stood up and started to walk towards him. My older brother reluctantly stopped and cradled his hand again, the blood from his hand started to form a small puddle under him.

Mother and I stayed still and watched the two men before us. Carson stood where he was and also watched the two olde men. Father pulled Aiden out and continued to scold him for breaking his wall and for potentially breaking his hand.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Carson turned and looked at me. "He's gonna pay, Hera. He's gonna fucking pay."

+++++++++++++++++++++

Hello! Here's the newest chapter, I hope y'all enjoy it. I know I haven't been updating that much, I'm starting to get really lazy about writing, but I know a lot of y'all like this story, so I try to keep writing.

Anyways, how have y'all been? Lemme know in the comment section, I like talking to y'all!

Please remember to vote, comment what you think, and share!

I love you all!