Chapter 17

I could feel multiple eyes on my back, it felt like they were all scanning every inch of me. Does everyone know what happened? I kept my chin up and stared at the people who dared to look at me. "Just ignore them, ginger snaps," Aiden grumbled under his breath. Most kids were against lockers and were staring at me, others were whispering in each other's ears- probably retelling what happened at the party.

          The bruising on my face was fading, but hints of discoloration made me cover it up with some makeup. However, the bruises on my abdomen were still a dark purple, it seemed like they were never going to away. "They're not showing," Carson grabbed my hand and lowered it away from my face.

          "Here's your stop, are you sure you don't want us to stay with you?" Aiden asked as I opened my locker. Carson nodded in agreement but kept his mouth shut. "Yes, I'm sure I'll be fine. You two need stop worrying so much," I smiled at them. Aiden didn't seem impressed though, his face was stone cold and was starting to turn red from fury. "Not worry about you? Hera, do you not remember what happened to you?" He lowly hissed.

          Students stopped to watch and listen, they quickly left when they were greeted with Carson's menacing glare. The ones whose lockers were close, hurriedly got their belongings and left the area. "Yes, I remember what the fuck happened to me," I glared at me. "I told you, I can handle myself," I slammed my locker shut and trekked away from them.

          A minute later, I was in my desk for English. I slowly took out my notebook and pens and waited for the other kids to come in. My phone buzzed and I took it out from my pocket. remember, no relation. –Lance. I quickly replied, how the hell did you get my number? The blue message sent, not even a second passed before I was informed that my message was read. I took it from Media's phone, no worries. I rolled my eyes and shoved my phone back into my pocket.

          The warning bell rang and the other kids started to trickle in, my phone buzzed again. Are you ignoring me? I laughed at the stupid sad emoji he attached with the message. Yes, now leave me alone, you said no relation. Remember? I locked my phone and placed it back into my pocket.

          The final bell rang and the rest of the kids sauntered to their seats. A few minutes into class, the whispering started- most kids didn't even bother to hide that they were talking about me. I ignored their lingering stares and quiet words, they don't know what happened.

          I quietly sat in my chair and focused on my teacher, even though he droning on about 'Beowulf', it was better than listening to what my classmates were saying about me. "I heard she was asking for it," the girl behind me whispered. My breathing stopped and I quickly turned numb.

          "No I wasn't," I turned around and faced her. Everyone stopped what they were doing and focused on the two of us. "I was sexually assaulted and I don't remember asking for that to happen to me." By now my cheeks and ears felt like they were on fire. "Do you even know what happened or are you going to keep making stuff up?" My eyes narrowed, a new sense of fury burned through my body.

          The girl, Katrina, stared- her jaw slacked and her mouth opened. Her face was pink with embarrassment. She quickly closed her mouth and looked away, but I persisted. "So do you know what happened? Since you're talking about it, maybe you do know. C'mon tell me what happened." My body was shaking with the pent up anger.

          Everyone in the room was in shock from my outburst, even my teacher sat quietly in his rolling chair. "Marcus told me that you were begging for it," Chris, a boy in the back sneered. Many heads bobbed up and down with agreement. Marcus, are you fucking kidding me? Chris's face looked so smug, oh how I wanted to punch it.