Chapter 16 And Now the Happy Couple is a Mad Couple

"I apologized!"
"I don't care!"
"How many times are you going to make me say I'm sorry?"
"Are you actually sorry?"
"No!"
Bennett, Declan, Jordan, Naomi, and I are sitting at a table in Starbucks. We were supposed to order our drinks, but then Naomi asked me about the red mark on my cheek. I told her that Bennett hit me, and this is how the argument started.
Naomi sighs. "First fights during a relationship are always the worst ones," she says.
Jordan laughs nervously. "But, Naomi," he whines. "It's Blair and Bennett. They love each other."
As soon as he says that, Bennett gets out of his seat and takes the chair across from me.
I roll my eyes. "Oh, so now you don't want to sit next to me? Wonderful."
Bennett frowns. "I will not kill my favorite spot in Starbucks with this ridiculous argument."
I scowl. "You come here and kill it right now."
Declan sighs. "Naomi's right. This one's really bad."
Jordan grins. "They're gonna get married one day."
Bennett and I glare at each other.
"You hit me," I say through gritted teeth.
"You lied," he retorts.
  "You're supposed to protect me, not hurt me!" I say angrily.
Bennett groans. "Blair, I would never hurt you on purpose. You know that."
"You hit me."
He exhales. "Well, when you really think about it, this is all your fault."
I gasp. "My fault? It's not my fault. It's your fault!"
"No it's yours!"
"You're wrong."
"No you are!"
We hear the screech of a chair and then Raymond is standing by the table.
"I'm not gonna be the cause of this," he says dully. "The fighting is driving me crazy."
Naomi shoots him a look. "Too late, idiot."
Declan points an accusing finger at Raymond. "It's his fault! He always has to go around being a big bully!"
Jordan nods. "And now the happy couple is an angry couple."
Bennett sighs. "Guys, this has nothing to do with Raymond, who I will deal with later. This happened because Blair lied to me."
"And you hit me," I say for the third time.
Bennett looks annoyed. "For the final time, you lied to me!"
"But that doesn't give you the right to hit me," I point out.
"She is right, you know," Jordan pipes in.
Bennett stands up. "If being right is more important than being in a relationship, then that's the end of being in a relationship."
Raymond sighs. "How long is this going to last?"
Naomi shrugs. "Why don't you look at them and answer that for yourself?"
Jordan sighs. "And I worked so hard on the new contract."
Bennett looks at me. "I'm not talking to you."
I stand up and put a hand on his chest. "Then I'm not talking to you," I say.
He smirks, backing away from me and my hand drops to my side. "Well, that's the way it would work, wouldn't it, Blair?"
I scoff. "Not the way we're doing it."
Jordan whistles. "Wow. I was wrong. This is bad."
Declan snorts. "Now you admit it?"
I cross my arms. "Bennett?"
He sighs. "What?"
"Let me tell you how much I hate you right now."
He shakes his head, letting out a low chuckle. "You're terrible at this."
I glare at him. "Well, we've never done this before!"
Raymond clears his throat and we all look at him. "I thought that I can fix this, but I can't."
Naomi raises her eyebrows. "I figured as much."
Raymond's jaw drops. "What's that supposed to mean, Nerds?"
Jordan grins. "It means that you're-"
"Don't say it, Jordan," Naomi interjects.
"A-"
"Jordan's time has come," Declan states with a sigh. "I've been waiting for this moment."
I look up, giggling.
"Dumb person," Jordan finishes, looking proud of himself, laughing. "You're a freak."
Raymond frowns. "I'm a freak?"
Declan nods. "Yes, and you make me sick."
"Do you think it's easy being me every day?"
Jordan and Declan shoot Raymond a look. "Shut up!" they say simultaneously.
Raymond sighs. "Yeah, I deserve that, don't I?"
Jordan ignores him and turns to me and Bennett. "Are guys going to stop fighting?"
Bennett and I look at each other. "No," we say in unison.
Naomi purses her lips. "Fine. We'll just have to have our meeting in Starbucks even if you two are mad at each other." We all look at Raymond.
Raymond raises his eyebrows. "Do I go now?"
Bennett nods. "And give this to the boss," he says, handing Raymond a hundred dollars.