Chapter 24 Don't Push Me

"Pizza, music, candles. . ." I purse my lips. "What am I missing?" When I can't think of it, I just shrug. I mean, it's just Raymond. We broke up, so it doesn't matter if it's not perfect. Besides, we only need to talk about what's going to happen after I give birth.
The doorbell rings, and I put my hair up in a high ponytail before running to open it.
"Hey," Raymond mutters, putting his hands in his pockets. He's wearing black jeans and and a gray v-neck shirt. I think he smells like vanilla cookies. Not like I smelled him or anything. That would be weird. I just smelled his cologne.
I offer him my biggest smile. "I hope you like pizza," I say with a giggle.
He just shrugs, looking bored. "What kind?"
"Pepperoni," I tell him.
He groans. "You know I hate that kind of pizza, Blair! I like cheese pizza!"
My eyes widen. "I'm sorry. I can pick it off for you or-"
He cuts me off. "Forget it. I just won't have any."
I sigh. "If that's what you want."
  He frowns. "I'm sorry, Blair. I'm just a little stressed out about the whole baby thing."
I glare at him. "I am, too, but you don't see me overreacting over the wrong type of pizza."
"You're right," he tells me. "I'll be nice. Can we go sit down?"
I nod and lead him to the living room couch, closing the box of pizza. I'll eat a piece when he leaves. I don't need him shooting gross looks at me as I eat my pepperoni pizza, the kind of pizza that he hates.
"So, what's the plan?" I ask.
"Well, I was thinking that since your parents are never around, I could move in with you to help  take care of our child."
I nod. "That could work, but what about Bennett?"
Raymond raises his eyebrows. "What about him?"
I close my eyes. "He said that he was done with me," I whisper, clenching my fists.
Raymond pulls me in for a hug. "I'm so sorry, Blair."
I pull away from him, my eyes open now. "Why are you acting so nice now?"
He laughs. "Well, you're the mother of my baby. I have to treat you with respect, don't I?"
I let out a short laugh. "You have to treat me like a queen."
He grins. "I will, Blair."
I feel myself blush. Now this is the Raymond I used to love.
"After next week, we should be able to find out what the gender of the baby is," I tell him.
Just then, the song Starving by Hailee Steinfeild and Zedd Grey is on the radio.
"You know just what to say," I sing loudly.
Raymond laughs and sings, "Shit, that scares me I should just walk away."
"But I can't move my feet the more that I know you the more I want you," we both sing, laughing. When it gets  to my favorite part, we both sing it with enthusiasm. "I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you. Don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo. By the way, by the way, you do things to do my body. I didn't know that I was starving till I tasted you."
Raymond laughs when the song finishes. "You were awesome."
I laugh. "I know I was."
He rolls his eyes. "Okay, where's the bathroom?"
I bite my lip. "Follow me."
I grab his hand, but as soon as we get to the top of the stairs, he stops, letting out a short laugh.
I give him a weird look. "Ray? What's so funny?"
He smirks. "The fact that you would actually trust me."
Before I can ask him what he means by that, he pushes me to the floor and kicks me in the stomach. I groan in pain, and hold my stomach to protect the baby. That's when I finally realize what's happening: Raymond is trying to kill the baby.
Raymond grabs my hair and pulls me to my feet, causing me to scream in plain at the burning in my scalp. Then he pushes me down the stairs and everything goes black.