13. Gas on the fire

All rights reserved by TupTake

Coda jumped out of the truck, slamming the door in the process. While he making a large amount of noise he raced to find his dad. Who was nowhere to be seen.

"Dad! Dad!" Coda yelled in a stern, chilling voice. In the process, he alerted the whole camp and putting everyone on edge. Campers stop what they were doing to help Coda locate his father, that he desperately needed to talk to. In no time he had the whole camp searching for Jordan.

As Coda ran to the center of the camp near the fire pit where Caleb was held captive he heard the sweet sound of his mothers voice ring from his right. "Was wrong sweetie?" He ran to her and grabbed her hands in his. She had just got out of her tent and was looking at him with a worried look that reflected his own.

"It's the damn deer! They want Emma back." She looks at him with a strange look and slowly took her hands out of his. She thought for a second before saying. "Well, honey your father when out with the twins to hunt for supper. You will have to talk to him later." She rubbing her thumb on her cheek to calm herself down. She had always had help from Jordan and was not used to the presser and stress of being the only leader. They both had each other and always talked to each other before making a decision. Being apart made both of them anxious to be together again.

Coda was also stressed and looked over to Emma to calm his nerves. But, she was struggling to get out of the truck that he parked to close to the camp. His father always hated him parking the vehicles there. It took to long to get it back on the main road. The dirt roads through the forest has potholes and other obstruction that make it hard to get it back.

He jogged over to her. She was crying. Everything was new to her, especially the cars and trucks that she had no explanation of how to operate.

He opened the door of the truck and he unbuckled her seat belt before helping the girl down from the tall vehicle.

"How could you do this to me, Coda? I asked you to hang up but you didn't listen to me!" Her tone was filled with anger and her posture was tense and rigged. But, the only emotion on her face was fear. He grabbed her sides, pulling her into a tight and warm hug, needing to know she was safe in his arms. Coda breathed in her scent to calm himself as Emma struggled for him to release her. However, not soon after she hugged him back.

Emma liked his strong arms wrapped around her small body. Especially a stress filled time like this.

"What are you talking about? He was threatened you. What did he do to you?" Coda asked softly trying not to upset her anymore then she was already. He pulled away from her and caressing her cheek with his thumb and with the other hand pushing stray hairs back behind her ear. She put her hand over the top of his. But, before she could answer Caleb bellowed out "because he wants her back." from the other side of camp with a laugh. "He will kill all of you and then take her as his mate!" He stated loudly for the whole camp to hear. Coda growled at him but, was pulled back by Emma "He's right." She whispered in his ear while hugging him from behind. Her sobs and tears made his shirt moist, alerting him to her now sad demeanor.

Do something! Caleb is threatening our mate and your whole pack. His wolf screeched.

Coda growled loudly. His feelings getting the better of him, as he pulled himself out of Emma's grasp and lunged at Caleb.

Caleb just laughed and smiled through the pain of Coda's hand gripping his neck tightly. He was still tied to the tree and was not able to defend himself for Coda's advances.

"She's my sister. I know what is best for her! And the alpha of the deer herd is the best thing that could happen to her." Coda's eyes turned black. Like someone had dropped a bit of ink into the whites of his eyes.