Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Maddie!" Jaime yelled at her as Maddie was running to the stage. They had only thirty minutes to show time, and she still had to get her and hair and makeup done. Maddie rushed to a mirror and began to apply her makeup. "You're an hour late! If you didn't show up, I would have to put Jenna Carter in as your replacement."

"I'm sorry," Maddie apologized, as she was applying her dark eyeshadow to her face. "I got held up helping my friend with something. I promise it will never happen again!" Maddie started to smudge her eyeshadow in, making a dark bold smoky eye. She grabbed contour and put it on her chubby cheeks.

"It better not!" Jaime warned her as she pulled one of the main leads aside to talk.

Maddie finished applying her contour and put on the highlighter. It brought out her cheek bones, making her face be drawn in more, but no too drawn in to make her look anorexic. She put on dark red lipstick and stared to curl her hair. She took fifteen minutes to curl her hair to the point where it wasn't her natural curled hair. She grabbed bobby pins and started to put it half up and half down. She felt the sweat gleam on her skin from the heat.

Maddie put on her costume and looked at herself in the makeshift mirror. She looked at herself and saw how similar she really was to Annabeth. When her hair was curled, she resembled her a lot, especially with her eyes. Her fair skin was a match no less, making Maddie regret not taking time to tan. She felt like her mind was in a million places; she didn't know where to start.

She kept panicking a lot about Olivia Butchwell. She saw her walk into the Hyland's courtyard with all black. She looked a lot different than she did a few years ago. She was no longer manlike; she was more feminine. She lost a lot of weight that it almost made her anorexic. Her hair grew out more and she had a better fashion sense. Olivia may have looked different, but it didn't stop her from glaring at Maddie as she was greeted by Maddie's father. Maddie sensed her hatred all the way from the other side of the courtyard; that's how much Olivia hated her. What if she really tries to do hurt her today? She couldn't call for help because that would bring up questions.

Maddie kept freaking about her double date today also. She had to fight her urges with Luke, while pretending to date some stranger. She felt nauseous just thinking about it. Now she had to leave early just so she can find some stone that her slut of a doppelganger hid. Why did it have to be in some field? Why couldn't have been in a bookcase like a normal person?

While Maddie was marking her dance, she felt like someone was glaring at her from afar. Maddie went into a back bend as she heard objects move around her. She raised her body up and looked around the empty space. Someone was here with her. She walked over towards her phone, ready to dial for help if needed. Maddie saw someone move and saw a familiar girl with blonde hair. Nosy Jenna herself.

Maddie didn't know whether to feel relived or on her toes about Jenna. She did hate her after all. "I remember this place," Jenna reminisced bitterly. Jenna stepped closer to Maddie, making her take a step back. "Freshmen year I think it was, it was when I tried to hang out with you and your posse. Faith wouldn't let me though, she told me to get my skank ass out of here before my imaginary boyfriend actually started to exist. I did have a boyfriend at the time. She humiliated me anyway. She waited until I changed my clothing for her to pull back the changing tent that was set up. I was naked, while Faith taunted me. You were there too, playing along."

"At least you're not bitter," Maddie said sarcastically. Maddie remembered that day clearly; that was the last time she stepped foot on the Hyland property. Faith humiliated Jenna out of boredom. Faith had the idea of revealing her nudity at the picnic, and Maddie played along just so she could get her stash of marijuana. She should've stopped Faith that day. she had no right to push people around like that. Why Jenna was bringing this up? Maddie had no clue.