Chapter 6

A/N: warning for the use of one homophobic slur and slight bullying

Tweek and Butters arrived at school just barely on time. Thankfully that means they didn't have to talk to anybody until after class. Although then came the difficult choice of where to sit. It felt like way too much pressure for Tweek.

Surprisingly the seat where he regularly sat was open but then, so was the one next to Butters. He could see Butters looking at him expectantly, but he also wanted to pretend that he and Craig were okay.

Tweek didn't make eye contact with Butters as he sat down next to Craig. He gave a quick smile in Craig's direction; he didn't notice. But it was okay because he's not getting any weird looks and Craigs not telling him to move.

After class was over Tweek picked up his stuff and started walking down the hallway with Craig. Craig wasn't speaking, but it could be so much worse, so Tweek dealt with it.

It was all right until he accidentally bumped into Butters, that was when everything went wrong. It didn't bother Tweek or Butters, but it apparently bothered Craig. Next thing Tweek knew Craig had Butters shoved up against a wall.

"Watch where you're going, okay?." He said menacingly, yet still keeping his signature monotone.

Even though Tweek wanted to go back to how it was, he couldn't sit by while Craig hurts someone else. Especially if it was Butters, after all, Butters has been extremely kind this entire time. So he grabbed Craig by his arm and tried to pull him off of Butters.

Fortunately and unfortunately, Craig stopped paying attention to Butters and moved his attention to the stuttering blonde. "Don't tell me what to do fag." He aggressively spat in Tweek's face.

For the second day in a row, he felt like crying. Tweek turned his head so Craig couldn't see the tears forming in his eyes.

Craig sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Listen, I'm sorry okay." Tweek didn't know why Craig was apologizing since they both knew he didn't mean it. It hurt Tweek a lot to know his best friend hates him now.

Craig bent down, so they were the same height and then wiped away the blonde's tears. "Meet me at Starks Pond after school" Tweek nodded his head, partly because he didn't want to get beat up and slightly because even though it hasn't even been a day yet, he missed talking to his best friend.

Craig nodded back then stood up and walked off to his next class leaving Tweek to stare at his retreating form.

"I hope everything works out for you two." Tweek turned around to see Butters there looking down at the floor still leaning against the locker.

"Th-thanks Butters," Tweek stuttered. Tweek looked at the clock; he had five hours of school to get his head together for when he talked to Craig tonight.