Prologue

Hiccup's POV:
Well, this is my life. Being the hated runt of the island. "Oh no! Everyone move out of the away! It's Hiccup the useless!" Like its impossible for me to forget it. (Sigh) ever since my mom died while saving me during a raid(different in this au, just so you know) and that literally became the start of my "bad luck" during the raids. Dad can't even think of me as his son completely. And ever since that raid, he from "I want my son to be like I wish"(Stoick impression)to "I don't see him as a son to me"(st). Ugh! At least I am actually trying to improve for him! I can see the teens use that as an excuse to beat me for there entertainment. Fishlegs was one of my friends until he just joins the teens for his "safety", at least he doesn't hit at all, just looks away. And Astrid, my once crush. She used to be friends with both me and Fishlegs until she too turn on me , but... She is exactly like them and I can tell she doesn't want to be known as the  "the ALLY of the bad luck!" And ever since then whenever she "talks"(insults or disappointing talks" I lose hope of being with her. at least Gobber is the only friend I have, well left any way. He is the only who gave me advice, who I can count on, who I can look up to.
(Sigh) well, I hope for once things will turn alright for. Maybe I am just not in the right place.