chapter 11: friends and vassels

May (left) and Naver (right)

-the next morning
Hiccup pov
I yawned up in my bed and stretched my arms. That was the most peaceful sleep I've ever had in my life. I turn to see toothless still sleeping on a pile of blankets next to my bed. I got up from my bed and prepare for today's breakfast.

While roasting Toothless' salmon and my cut piece of boar meat I check my little bag of runes. Still enough. So I shouldn't have to worry about payment, but still I decided to find find work.

Last night after meeting May and the shorter teen I reach the local smith. Luckly they accepted me said I showed tomorrow for first work. So I have a day off today.

I check the window and see the sun above the horizon so guess it's late morning. Since everybody should be up. I should talk to May since it's too early for me and Toothless to fly.

After a quick breakfast I told Toothless I'll be across the hall and I exit to see May's door right infront of me. I knock on her door and she open and smile knowung it was me. As she hold the door open a strong scent baked goods exiting her room. I guess it's still her extra work at home.

May said "morning Hiccup. Did you need something?"

"Uh? Well I just wanted to talk since it's my free day before tomorrow at the forge."

She nodded "hey, why not come with me to meadhall to catch up with Naver? He is the one who has lot's to talk."

I nod "cool, is it okay if I can bring Toothless along?"

"Ofcourse, all riders can bring dragons and Naver always brings stomper there."

I call toothless and we all made our way.

-later, Waillan's meadhall

We arrived at the meadhall which is like a huge wooden structure up a hill. Once we enter the building, people gather in tables socializing whiling dining in. Some that are guards or not have dragons along with them making toothless more welcoming to walk ahead of us.

We see the Naver guy from last night with his dragon if I still remeber was a rumblehorn.

He notice us and waved excitedly "guys here!"

May greeted first "hi Naver! Hiccup and Toothless are here too."

"Hi" I said.

May continued "I invited him and his dragon since they are still new and need some company."

Naver said "ooohhh. I see" he then turns to me "hey Hiccup. Last month, May is STILL gets freaked out from the usual stunt."

"Naver!" May tried to stop him but he just continues "whenever opportunies comes I signal Stomper to scoop May by surprise on his back."

"Naver not again please!"

"He hovers like 7 feet which was usually 5 feet and (chuckling) in seconds she screams like she was gonna die. After like 6 flaps she rocks herself on the ground thanking the gods it was over." And he laugh hysterically.

I couldn't help but giggle from that actually May sarcastically glare me and playfully slapped my arm. But I winced from the still healing pain from that still soft impact I clutched at my uper arm.

I notice Mays's face fully shocked said "d- did I-?"

"N-no May! It was nothing."

"Hiccup, are you okay?"

"It was nothing May. Really. okay?"

She look like she wasn't buying it so I just dodge the topic. "Sooo what else can we all talk about besides giving friends heart attacks?" I ask while we both take our seats facing Naver.