chapter 12: The Green Spare

"A two centuries ago.

At the far north edge of the archipelago like the north itself.

Where the villages lived in settlements connected

to mile long icebergs!

All they pray more is traders returning with new livestocks and greens from the far south.

The only thing they see narurally colorful is the sunsetting.

Ice is the true ruler among all life of the North Edge.

And among the village of Bandard is a child.

Son of a merciless chief who refuses to change.

Everyone in his family and tribe looks down on him. Not because if his height. Not because of his age together.

He just wants a change.

That means to leave.

But the village did not believe him.

But the child persuade too far from the eye of the chief he was banished harshly.

Through out the banishment he witnessed carnage of those in his life.

It hinted him that he must return to save the one person that he cares.

The only one who supports his wish.

.

.

.

But he was too late.

He is now left with nothing

Nothing but betrayal

pain

And loneliness

He then leads himself to an ice cliff

Crying loudly with pain and regret

Wanting to join HER

But the cry shriek turned into a call.

And came a mountainous creature of green that screams death.

The child was first intimidated by the green death but she then calmed him down and brings him along.

Joining a flock of green deaths

Seeing the boy as their own flock member and the boy sees the great dragons as his new family

The beasts grew closer to him that they will too help him find peace

And they know that the boy has a new wish that must be done

On his home

His father

And the berserkers that started most of slaughter

And he won't change this wish back to a bright future until he sees every berseker or any other rogue clan is forgotten from the world

The green deaths were the ones that made his promise

and his revenge"

"A/N: Hiccup now knows the whole story more than this because I didn't want to spoil to much, HINT HINT ;)"

Hiccup pov
"Wow" I was beyond astonish from this legend. The tales of this boy among legenday alphas both before and after what I guess was a war a century ago. A war no one from my old tribe even heard about. This is like legend that changes everything. I turn to see Toothless and he too was shocked from listening to this.

I continued "so this child had a flock of green deaths that drove the original berserkers into extinction as HIS WISH?!"

Naver just nods "oh yeah. Temporarily. Like a century ago or less a new clan of bersekers had emerge just after the flock left the archipelago. And for the past two years their raids became much worst into a rate of domination."

There is only one Berserker clan in the archipelago and that made me think of one name 'Dagur'. Was he behind this?

Then Naver continued "this legend made a great impact for many people. dragon riders, noble refugees, orphans, and berserker haters. Especially May for how much she hates berserkers."

I widen my eyes and turned to May with her head down looking a little sad as if trying hiding it.

I turn back to Naver as he can tell my concern face.

Maybe there is more about May than I  thought from this reaction.

Since I've been dodging her from my still healing bruises which will lead to my past I should be fair to her and not ask but see if she is more comfortable later on.

So I go back to the topic. "You said earlier that there were more right? Like how is it possible? Do the dragons just find them outside certain times or go into houses or orphanages?"

Naver shook his head and said "it all depends on one specific child in an orphanage, Basically never stealing any child. It's always abandon childen or kids being orphaned by raids or ambushed when travelling, the dragons sense a child all alone and very dependent and take the child as a member of their flock and guaranteeing the child care and protection. And there are also times when kids from orphanages were taken by dragons ONLY if the specific child was being miserable and neglected or abused. Its all about saving the orphan.

Therefore, orphans have the highest blessing to be saved by dragon when in dying need."

I was lost for words. So dragons mainly spare children but those who all alone with no one to take care of them. This is a big trait that can definitely counter the berkians point of view.

Naver said "they say the green child's spirit can appear and guide those who are noble to cooperate with a green death and gift them with a emerald pendant as gratitude and showing an alliance tp the entire green death species.

"Wow, so we might see him one day?"

"Definitely. All we need to do is to cooperate with a green death, maybe from his original flock."

I look back at Toothless and we both share an exciting expression.

"Well this is one adventure we will definitely go into soon."

There is alot more about dragons more than back on berk thought. And I guess I am the one who is steps ahead.

A/N: Shout out to Kinko_Wolf with a recent major support in this story.
Also the image from above will be the cover of my new httyd fanfic that will be link to this story. I'll see you all in the next chapter and until then, I am fossilize for now.