chapter 5: farewell.

- The cove
Hiccup pov
"Toothless? Toothless?!" And there, he jumps up from behind me and nudge my back. I grimaced in the still pain. He notice my flinch and gave a soft winy pur.

I turn around revealing my current appearance. Toothless looked more sorry while seeing my extra bandaids over my sleeves and left leg, bruises on my hands and the side of my face, a black eye to top all of what has happened. I Just pat and gently rub his nose to assure him that it's not much of his concern.

"It's okay bud, you just didn't know. That's it." I reach down my bag and gave him a salmon before the trip.

As he starts chomping down the fish, I decided to site on small sand bed facing the pand of my bestfriend's  water source. I am admiring the last look of this place to be our paradise away from the village, but I guess this isn't far enough for me.

I then look down on the water to view my last reflection on berk. The black-eye seperates myself right now from the time how was kid before all of the this came to be. I scoop up the peaceful fresh water wash the access blood dripping from my lower jaw. I Looked at the blood in my hand and said myself "If i was a viking...If i was a chief, I shouldn't bleed easily." I turn my head to see toothless sitting next to me nudging his head to my side to comfort me.

I rub his forehead to again assure that I am okay and said "come on bud, we are leaving."

I grab his saddle and set it on him. Place my bag on the back side hook to hang it. I carefully station myself on toothless and said on final sentence. "Goodbye Berk, sorry I let you all down."

And with that, Toothless lauch us in the night sky to where we disappear in the air. We flew across to the site of the village silently. Taking one final view. Well i guess thisreally is goodbye. I hold back the tears when realizing that this is reality for me.
"Alright Toothless to the east. Next stop, Waillan."

-The next morning
Stoick pov
Agh. Three hours have passed and there is no sign of Hiccup. I am at the training ring making preps with a few fellow vikings for Hiccup's final exam. Maybe Gobber knows. He is more knowing about the where abouts of that lad.

I made my way to Gobber's work shop. "Morning Gobber. Say have you seen hiccup?" "No. I haven't seen the lad all morning." "Hmm. He probably is still in the house I am gonna go and check." Gobber returns with nod of agreement. I made my way towards my home.

-hiccup's door

(Knocking) "Hiccup? Hiccup!" I open the door and see nothing. An unmaid bed. Clothes scater in the corner from the chest, an open window. And an item on his desk. I step forward and look down on the ground? I see marks of

Blood?

Footprints and handprints. all in the same substance. It actually made me frighten a bit. I kept walking towards the desk where there are also bloody handprints. There was a note. I undolded it and read carefully
.   .   .

I look at the open window and see it also has bloody handprints on the edge of the the window. Dear gods.

What have I done.