Chapter 1: morning call

Hiccup POV:
Zzzzzzz "HICCUP!!!" Huh? Oh it's my dad. Great. I got up and get myself ready today.

I put on my usual clothes and walk down stairs and start a morning talk. "Morning dad-"

"Son. It's about time your up. Gobber has told me to let you know that you will be having an early night shift today." Well tried as I should have add "um, sure dad... So, what are you-"

"i am out now to prepare a for a next raid. Please stay in the forge and don't get involve with the preparations for once."

(Sigh) "yeah, dad I'll see you-" he was off with the door shut "tonight."
Well I guess this means dragon training is canceled for today.

As you may have wondered, I my dad made me attend dragon training and for the past few days until recently dad finally arrives from a retaliation raid.

He notices that I am not like giving dragons pain but at least he doesn't question further, only telling me to do better that's it. When people notice my dad's judgement, they just follow along.

And you may think the teens think I am cool for being the top of the class? Well no, they are just jealous that they won't be able to join the dragons raids sooner than they think, so they beat me harder than before I first attend.

(sigh) well time to head for the forge. I step outside and walk through town. Then (grunt) Astrid. She notice me then heads towards me. "Hey hiccup!" she shouts in furious way.

I know I have been wanting to get her attention but about talk a wake up call. "Your lucky training is canceled for today but don't think you all the luck have. I don't even know how YOU are still on tip. Everyone knows that you will get eaten in two minutes on your first raid."

"well some how the encouraging speech sure knows how hit my own bra-"

"SHUT UP! Gods. It's like you always see everything going on this island is a joke." seriously. I really don't have time for this. I just walk pass her. And then she kick me back sending me flying over 5 feet.

"Ouch" I look back at her giving me a
"you should die" face. I didn't bother i just stood up and RUN!

-minutes later

I manage to reach the forge and see good ol Gobber "hey Gobber."

"ah, morning Hiccup." I grab my leather apron and continued the conversation. "Sooo, no training today?"

"no, I am terribly sorry boy, but your father needs to witness the next training session for tomorrow since he is has far duties today. But hey, tomorrow should be your last training before maybe YOUR final exam. I am sure he can't wait for you final progress for the deciding. I have to say Astrid was brutal trying to take you place but I am sure that you will still manage to hold that title."

"yeah" and now time to sharpen the swords.