Chapter 9

Tuesday just so happened to be the slowest day ever.

It seemed that the final bell would never ring, but when it finally did, I bolted out the door and back to my room.

I changed in record time and jogged to the barn. It took me no time at all to get Taboo groomed and her mane braided. I decided to check on the time before I tacked up.

3:40 p.m.

Just enough time to get warmed up.

I tacked up, walked to indoor arena 1, but outdoor arena 2 is were I was told that practice would be held. There was one other person there, and it just so happened to be Jayce Lambert, Jack's twin brother. He has dark brown hair and is an extremely talented rider, and he makes sure everyone else knows it. He is very cocky and thinks he's all that and a box of chocolates.He didn't try out for teams because apparently he has said that he is better than that.

I just sighed and acted like he wasn't there, but Jayce only let's you ignore him for so long

He suddenly decided that he wanted to cut me off every opportunity he got, and after about the fourth time, I'd had it.

"Stay in your own lane," I spat at him.

"Oh, well someone is a little mad, are we?" he responded.

"Just leave me alone, please. I only have about five more minutes to warm up before practice. Now if you would please return to your riding and leave me alone, that would be fabulous."

"I don't think I can do that," he said, making me even more mad than I already was.

"And why not?" I asked as I trotted along the rail, him almost touching stirrups with me.

"I just don't want to."

"Well, I have a team practice to attend. Goodbye."

I dismounted to open the gate and then closed it behind me. I knew that he had a smirk on his face. I knew he enjoyed annoying me. I wanted to slap him.

~

Not a moment past 4 o'clock, Coach Ross walked into the arena and we all stopped what we were doing to join him in the middle. We lined up as if this were a show.

"Today, we are going to do this fun little thing I like to call Drill Team," I sighed, Drill Team had never been my favorite exercise.

"I want you all to trot to A, come down the center line, stop at X, trot to C, 20 meter circle, and I will tell you from there. The key to this exercise is to stay together in a straight line. This is for team-building and warming up. We are also going to do a little jumping. Just a basic light workout for you and your horses. Ready to begin?"

There was a weak, "Yes, sir."

"I said, are we all ready to begin?" Coach Ross said with a little more intensity.

"Yes, sir!" we said with more enthusiasm.

"Then let's begin."