Chapter 16 + quick A/N

QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE BEFORE I BEGIN ---- Just wanted to let you all know.... I am currently writing another book right now without a title.... it will be called "Idk" as of right now, but if you check it out or comment here, maybe you guys could help me give it a title? I will publish the description so you guys can get what it's about. I am thinking about connecting it to this one.... but, I won't know till I get into it.... *cue evil laughter.* so you'll have to wait....  Don't forget to check out my other book that I started, Always a Country Girl Anyways, thanks to all those who have been commenting and voting.. you have no idea how much it means to me. I know who you are and I will be dedicating chapters to y'all - XOXO - Affinity
-
The weather was about like my mood. Cold and gloomy with snippy wind. The fact that Taboo was now lame didn't help either. I turned her out into her personal pasture and of course she comes back in with a swollen hind leg. I mean, we finally get to be the Varsity team, of course someone's horse had to go down. But why me? Ever since Jayce and I split, he had been hanging out with a ton of other girls. It seemed that not even days after we broke it off, he already had three new girlfriends and one on the back burner just in case. He seemed to avoid me at all costs. Why? No telling. I kept to my riding schedule, besides Taboo. I rode and exercised my friends' horses and some other people's outside of the school that just board. I am also asked to work lesson horses that aren't scheduled for that day. They may be lesson horses, but that doesn't mean they don't need worked, and if I was the one that got to do that, it was fine by me.
-*spongebob narrator voice* Two Weeks Later*end of spongebob narrator voice*-
It took Taboo three weeks to heal up. That's three weeks of missed workout and training sessions. As soon as she was able, we were trotting in the arena again.
It was just another Saturday, when all of a sudden, Mrs. Rosen burst in the barn door with a Dillian and a girl I had never seen before trailing behind. The girl was tall and muscular, with just-below-the-shoulder-length straight brown hair. I heard Mrs. Rosen showing her around and explaining the tack room and barn layout. I decided that she was just a new student. "Blaire? Is that you? Why don't you come on over and meet Sarah?" Mrs. Rosen yelled as if I was deaf.
I nodded, smiled, and trotted Taboo over towards the gate. I dismounted in the middle of the arena and walked the rest of the way. That would be a good enough workout for her today. Before I even reached the gate, I could already hear Mrs. Rosen talking about me.
"She's a straight A student and is one of our star riders! She's on the Varsity team with her horse... umm, what's it's name again, Blaire?"
"Her name is Taboo, Mrs. Rosen," I answered as I stuck my hand out for Sarah to shake,"I'm Blaire Grant, and you are?"
"Sarah DeVeet. Nice to meet you," Sarah answered in a confident tone.
"So, do you ride? How'd you get here at CCEA?" I asked.
"I actually don't ride, and I would rather not explain the circumstances."
Dillian gave me a look that said I'll tell you later,"Ok.. that's alright. Well, I better get back to riding. I still have a couple more horses to work and tons of tack to clean. Mrs. Rosen, would you mind if Dillian helped me out?" I asked, wanting to get the information out of him before it was too late. I was pretty curious.
"That would not be a problem, darling," Mrs. Rosen answered, her voice dripping with honey.
I had been talking and hanging out with Dillan a lot more now that Jayce and I weren't a thing. He was super nice and sweet, and as an added bonus, he was also attractive and knew about horses.
"What's the scoop," I inquired.
He quickly dove into a very detailed description of how Sarah had ended up at CCEA. I soaked up every word like I was a sponge.
---/:-----:/-----/:-----:/----/:---:/
Hoping this is satisfactory... XOXO - Affinity