Chapter 13

Quick Author's Note before I begin. Sorry it's been so long since I've updated! I've been super busy with riding, dog showing, and school and don't have nearly as much time anymore. I figured I'd just pop this in here until I have more time to write a longer, better chapter. ~XOXO~Affinity
-
I dialed Jayce's number, and he picked up on the fourth ring. "Hello? Blaire, what's wrong?"
He sounded very concerned, but I was all smiles. "We did it. We have enough points to qualify for Nationals! Jack placed 1st!"

"What? That's amazing, Blaire! You guys are Varsity now! Damn. I'm dating a contestant at this year's Nationals competition. Isn't that something."

"You always have to bring it back to you, don't you Jayce," I said with a smile and a laugh.

"How else am I supposed to fulfill my craving of being the center of attention like the celebrity I am?"

I could practically see his smirk on his face.

"Alright, I better go. Talk to ya later."

"Bye!"

I hung up without another thought and headed straight back to the barn.

Everyone was huddled around a medium sized cardboard box. "What's this?" I ask.

That's when Coach Ross lifted out yet another box, this one smaller than the one before it. He opened it up to reveal pins that said CCEA VARSITY in the form of a circle with a smaller circle of the smallest pieces of diamond known to man and a golden horse standing in the middle. I gasped. I had ever seen anything more beautiful in my entire life! While we were all speechless, Coach passed out the shirts.
As soon as I got mine, I just had to try it on!

Of course it fit like a glove. It was made with flexible, breathable fabric. I was beyond excited to ride in this for Nationals.