Chapter 10

Practice was basically just a bunch of brief, team-building exercises. We did some lunging afterwards as a cool down. Our next practice was Wednesday.

While I was walking Taboo back to her stall, none other than You-Know-Who, Jayce Lambert decided to show up.

He didn't his have his horse with him this time. He stuck around as I whispered to Taboo, "Good night, girl."

He would not stop looking at me as I hung up the halter and lead rope. It was starting to get on my nerves. "What do you want, Jayce," I said.

"Well, I kind of wanted to apologize for what I did earlier," he said with a slight blush on his face.

"Oh, really? Why would you want to do that?" I asked, perplexed as to why he would apologize to me.

"Well, yeah. I shouldn't have disrupted your riding. I could mess with you any other way and not feel bad about it," there is the real Jayce,"but one thing that I should not have done was interrupt your riding. I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me either."

I was a little stunned by his sudden apology,"Oh, okay, well I accept your apology."

He let out a breath that I didn't realize he was holding in.

"Um, and also, I wanted to ask if you would like to go hang out at the campus cafe tomorrow after school?"

He seemed nervous.

I thought about the pros and cons. It could turn out nice. Maybe he is actually a good guy. I've heard that people mess with you when they like you. On the other hand, he could actually turn out to be the jerk that I have him pinned as. I guess I'll never know unless I try it.

"Sure, that would be nice."