Chapter 19

Welp, y'all did it! 420 reads and 50 votes was my goal and it was surpassed easily! ( you weren't kidding, where you Josie0909 😘😘) thanks to all! I've decided that I'm going to start wrapping it up for this story! Hoping I can come up with a great ending! XOXO - Affinity
_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•
The butterflies in my stomach had hit maximum power. They were fluttering faster and multiplying by second. It was 7:45. Fifteen minutes to get to the barn. It would be dark, but the stars and moon were shining brightly. Midnight rides were my favorites; although, they generally consisted of tons of tears because of a bad break up or a fight with friends. They always calmed me down and let me truly relax more than a recliner and a book could. It would be beautiful, and this time, I would be sharing it with one of my best friends.

I didn't dress up much. Just black breeches, and my favorite oversized pajama shirt. I threw my hair into a braid and put it in a bun at the nape of my neck. As I slipped my boots on, I started realizing just how adorable Dillian is. He had eyes as soft and chocolatey smooth as the gorgeous bay that all stables have. (Funny little comparison there.... whoops.) He is a boy that girls would practically kill to have as a boyfriend. Metaphorically speaking, of course. Add that to the fact that he is an equestrian, and his muscle build shows it. He was the perfect boyfriend material.

What am I doing? He's my best friend, not my boyfriend.

I mentally slapped myself and grabbed my helmet before slipping out the door, careful to avoid questioning glances from my fellow housemates.
-
When I had made it out to the barn, I walked in the front door and the smell immediately enveloped me, sending comforting vibes all through me. I took a deep breath in before it got hitched halfway through when I saw the two horses, already groomed to perfection, and Dillian standing in a strip of moonlight that had peeked through the tiniest crack in the doors at the other end of the grooming area. "H-hi," I managed to get the word past the lump in my throat.
"Hey," Dillian replied with cool confidence and a lopsided smile.
"Thanks for setting all this up."
"No problem. Want to get going?" He asked with a look at the watch that wore on his wrist.
"Let's do it."
-
Hahaha - gonna leave the romantic action for a little later. 😏 Anyways, the next goal is 500 reads and 70 votes. Thanks, babes - XOXO - Affinity