Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning at 3:30 a.m. and started to load up all the boxes and bags that I had filled up last night. I had all my show clothes folded up neatly in a box marked "Show."
By 4:00, I was all loaded up. I slipped on some comfy black athletic shorts and a Nike shirt with my Ariat hoodie over it. I took my iPhone 6 off its charger and put on some music to do my hair. "Hey there, Delilah, what's it like in New York City?

I'm a thousand miles away, but girl, tonight you look so pretty, yes you do.

Times Square don't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true."

I sang along to the music, gradually sinking into a pattern as I French braided my hair.
"Hey there, Delilah, I know times are gettin' hard, but just believe me, girl, someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar, we'll have the life we knew we would. My word is good.....

A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they've got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way. Our friends will all make fun of us, but we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have ever felt this way.

Delilah, I can promise you, that by the time we get through, the world will never ever be the same, and you're to blame....

Oh, it's what'd you do to me? Oh, it's what'd you do to me? What'd you do to me?"

As the song finished up, I tied off my hair with a black hair band to finish off my braid. My hair was on the line of strawberry blonde, but leaned more into red. Its color had been passed down from my grandmother.

"Come on, Blaire! We need to be leaving if we're going to get there on time!" my mom yelled from down the stairs.

"Okay, I'm coming!" I responded.
I grabbed my phone and its charger and ran down the stairs, excited to see what this new school would hold.
~
"She's all ready for you," Mrs. Linn told me when I walked into the barn. "We got everything loaded up."

She looked at me as I stood and smiled at her, tears starting to escape from their prison. I ran over to her and enveloped her into a big hug. "I'm gonna miss you so much," I said.

"We'll miss you too," she broke the hug and looked me right in the eye and said,"Go show them what you're made of."

I gave a smile and ran out to the truck where Mom was already behind the wheel. I climbed into the passenger seat and waved at Mrs. Linn. I waved until I couldn't see her anymore, and soon, the whole barn turned into nothing more than a speck.