Chapter 15

By this point, I've realized that I am not going to get on a regular publishing schedule any time soon. On to the chapter! ~ Affinity

When we got to the cafe, everything was quiet, The cafe was nearly empty, with only a few student taking advantage of the free wifi. I walked in with my head held high and placed my order.

"I'll just have a hot chocolate please."

I paid and sat down quickly. When Jayce had taken his seat, we sipped our drinks silently and watched the Hallmark movie that was playing on the television.

Jayce broke the silence as he looks me in eyes, "I don't think this is working out."

"Wait. What? What do you mean?"

"This relationship isn't working out. You're always spending time with your horses. When are you going to make time for me?"

"I try to make time for you! It's just hard with all the shows, being on the Varsity team, giving lessons, and working the horses all the time."

"Yeah. I picked up on that. I'm sorry, but it's just not gonna happen for me."

"Was this your plan all along? You used to hate me, and one day it changed. Why did I trust you? You never gave me a reason before, and now you just throw what we had out the door. Thanks a lot. I'll see ya round I guess."

With that, I got up and left. The weight of what had just happened hit me. And it hit me hard. As soon as i got to the barn, I ran straight to Taboo's stall. I went in and just hopped on her back. I immediately broke down and cried until my eyes were dry. And then I fell asleep.
~•~
Hello! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Kwanza and Happy New Year!  AAAAAND thanks for 300+ reads! Love you guys! XOXO - Affinity