Tottenham Hotspurs 1-1 Liverpool

MotM- James Milner

(Penalty scorer, growing into his sudden left back-ness) 

I don't mean to bring us down but 3 points would've put us in 2nd until the other teams play, the first time I've seen the table this season.

Three days after he joined us Klopp had this match, 0-0, he's found the White Hart Lane net.

That score's so annoying though, we deserved to win son so many levels today. Talk about us having no consistency what about refs/ officials?! Two big things 1 penalty, 2 off side.

Matip had his shirt pulled that pulled him to the ground, ref stopped the corner warned Vertonghen and made us take it again, erm has he not got the memo that, that's a penalty?! Klopp had a word with the fourth official, dunno why he wastes his breath.

Mane scored, it's ruled off side because Lallana was slightly off side when he got the pass, of course they clearly spotted that thing that was a hard call the slowed replays (in the press conference they just said on side ffs!) but Spurs follow up with a clearly offside pass, is that flagged? Nah. In the Sky Sports analysis they tried to blame the movement Milner made cos he acted like a midfielder, it doesn't matter what he did when it was off side!

I'm not disappointing, even by the blatant injustice because my one goal was to not allow Harry Kane a goal otherwise he'd be equal to God's 50 goals in 88 appearances so in a way that's a victory in itself.

I forgot to mention that it was Matip's first game against Burton so I'll say it's his first PL today, apart form a dangerous header towards the middle of the box he had a good game, cool and solid, he had a header that just hit the post instead of making it 2 for us.

Also from Burton what is with everyone and Sturridge, Milner says eh LB isn't my position but I'll do it and we all go ah good old versetile, dependable Milner, Studge says eh CF is where I'm comfortable, on the right is more difficult but I'll do it and we all go he's lazy, he's got an attitude problem, no discipline, there's problems between him and Klopp, he wants out!!!

Stop doing that people!

I was impressed by our defense in general today, I try not to have a heart attack when Mignolet's being pressured at all when he's trying to redistribute but he's looking more confident again. Plus Kane wasn't in the game, neither was Ali, etc  they were DENIED!

Mane's speed would've made a real, real difference again, if it wasn't for the off side flag. He's a bullet! However he's been rather tackle heavy and I worried he was getting close to seeing red.

Don't know what Lamella's trying to do cos either he's gonna grab Firmino or he's going to clip him while Firmino was clearly in the box, it was the latter.

Step up Mr Dependable, easy as anything we take the deserved lead. Milner has still never been on the losing team after scoring in a PL game.

Coutinho, I didn't think he was gonna play, denied some real should've scoreds but man why do you insist on getting booked for trying to stop a free kick, just don't do it!

Tbf there was plenty of yellows we could've avoided today for ball kicking and stuff. A lot of things didn't go for us today, I feel like I might be sounding like Pardew when we nicked the win making excuses or whatever but I'm overall alright with that, we were the better, more disciplined side but we've only got 1 point when we should have 3.

Next up the Champions, the Foxes, 10th September, 17:30