Liverpool 2-1 Burnley

MotM- Joel Matip and Emre Can

(He put his lanky body on the line many times to keep us in the game

That strike and being a weird extra centre back midfielder)

Wow that was a long winding road. We're shit, we're good and finally we're clever. 3 shots, 3 goals. Final whistle couldn't come fast enough but it's over.

I can't tell you how many times I told Gary Nevile (and the other commentator) to shut up today, he was doing my nut in. By shut up I mean stop talking crap that's winding me up.

Aresnal got Klopp to 100 points 3rd fastest. This is Milner's 600th game!

It took 7 minutes for Burnley to score. We're lucky it didn't come sooner again. It put me right down, they've got us figured out and this is gonna be a long, long match again and all that.

Even worse if we wouldn't come back it was the first Burnley Anfield win since 1975 and the first double since 1930, 1930!

"How shit must you be, we're winning away!" I love chants like that, I shouldn't but I do.

No blame for Mignolet though, he launched himself but it was no use. He did so well making a decision, committing to being there and punching a ball well away today especially second half  

We started our usual panic, no more being able to pass and acting like a completely different team but then we get close to going in to half time losing and decide we're not having that.

Passes start getting put together, come on, last ditch. Literally the last kick of the first half is the one that Gini puts in the back of the net after cleverly waiting for a Burnley block. We really didn't deserve that but I don't care, I'm not taking it off them!

I burst out shouting, my flat's gonna wonder why I just randomly screamed YEAH! but that's relief for ya.

That's changed half time talks, now we know we can!

I thought Klopp had gone mad when he put Woodburn on. I couldn't get over it. 1-1 and you're putting a SEVENTEEN year old on, what is that?! Hopefully that doesn't mean Coutinho's injured before one of his favourite matches.

Can didn't though, he saw the kid and thought I'm gonna show him something impressive.

He just puts his foot through the ball and out of nowhere we're finally winning against Burnley!!!

I shouted even louder, clapped my hands together really hard. I didn't even really see the goal I just know it happened and burst.

Woodburn did play really well though, I guess I'm just that not used to us having a bright young kid like that.

The other commentator did a major dad joke. Heaton's keeping the heat on Liverpool. Cringe! It was annoying me though that the keeper was taking free kicks that far out.

I love football language "saw boyd but couldn't find him" I'm also glad he couldn't find him.

We got clever with time wasting. Nice safe ball passing, well mostly. Fouls in smart places. Clyne walking as slow as possible and all that. brilliant. The ref did the most obvious "you're wasting time" point to his watch ever, so funny. 

The last few minutes, Lucas could take a shot, gives to Woodburn, he can take a shot. My heat's saying go for it lads!!! Let's see another goal! My head's saying keep it, just do nice little passes that won't give it to the keeper so he can boot it, or any other player for that matter. So conflicting!

Way! We won ugly! It was a dirty game but we came out on top at last.

I'm really surprised Burnley hasn't won away from home yet.

Right, that's it, I'm banning that narrative about us and lower teams. It's not true, we keep letting it come true with self forfilling prophecy. The crowd doesn't wanna get up and are nervous cos this will happen, the players and manager the same, everyone bangs on about it then that team is able to come along and beat us because we think we can't because of reasons nothing to do with that team. Ridiculous. No more.

My tutor for City and the Citizen said something about "every shot not taken is a shot missed" which I thought is something we need to be told at times, especially in these matches so no more seeing a dodgy shot and thinking it's the end of the world as well. Not sure he'd want the saying to be applied to Liverpool being he supports Man United but I really liked it.

Sky Sports gave Can MotM after constantly moaning about him for ages, okay then. I don't get why they're saying him playing with the centre backs shows a lack of trust and showing too much respect that, Klavan struggled and needed help Can was that help. If it's working and we're dealing with Burnley which we did unlike the first match  He's surprised but not as much as me!

We're 4th, a point behind City in 3rd!

Next up Manchester City away,Sunday 19 March, 16:30.

Xabi Alonso retired again which really confused me, turns out I'm not shocked because he's just confirming what he said months ago, his Instagram picture was smooth though.

Moreno's been getting a load of Animal tattoos - did you see him and Lucas commentating on the Spurs game? Hilarious!

Gerrard coached the under 18s to a 10 men 2-2 against Man United, proud.