Liverpool 3-0 Sydney FC

Spent until about 2 in the morning after Middlesborough trying to think of an excuse to free my day to watch this then I got an interview in a few hours.

Right here we go. It's 8pm in Australia, what, I didn't realise the timezones were that far apart, they've had their whole day and I'm just getting up.
I've got new socks on that say "Goal!" so let's see some goals.
Minutes in, Gerrard skyed it, he looks fine in the new kit though. Think I'm getting used to it now and I don't mean his retirement.
Yeah! Sturridge! That was a goal.
I love that the commentators said he scores in preseason, in the season and in post season to mean he'll score any time the opportunity is there but he's said it the one season that's not been true unfortunately until recently.

Lovren stop kicking out for a corner! Never mind they wasted it more than we do

He's just gone for goal in his own half. You're not Xabi Alonso, that man's days in footie are done.

Why do these teams even agree to play these games? A stadium full of people want to see you get thrashed, not even see you get trashed but see Liverpool score a ton of goals

OH MY GOD what a goal from Alberto Moreno. I can't believe he's just done that!!! Where's that come from?! You're still not staying though, we need a CL left back now.

Should be 3 but Studge was unselfish, tried to get us a Gerrard goal and now he's found himself left back.  Is someone trying to stay a Red? Lol
Firmino's having no luck. The other week he was getting tired, now he's volunteered for an extra game and now I've said that Sturridge just crossed for Firmino to knee it in.

Lucas is livid to conceded a free kick
Ah young Wilson just picked off the defence and kicks it straight at the keeper when Lucas was there to help. Think kid!

Good shot TAA, bad goalie, for saving it.

What the duck ref you've just ignored two penalties. Especially Gerrard's. That was the penalty he got in Istanbul but not here apparently! Fair enough Sturridge was possibly playing for it and should be more careful that trying to crash past two defenders in a friendly but Gerrard was pushed in the back!

Half time 3-0 suppose it's not been a bad return so far  hope we can keep it up.
First half MotM has to be Daniel Sturriddge. He's finally on fire.
The footballing gods are cruel to get him back at the the end of a season.
Team's changed.
Mcmanaman for Gerrard, we're not gonna see him score :'( and Agger for Carragher. Brewster for Sturridge, but be was only playing for England u17 the other day. (they threw the final getting punished for attempting to time manage, conceded and lost penalties. They took them ABBA style, it was awful terrible idea FIFA! Wrecked our poor goalie)
Klavan's just saved us from conceding.
Penalty for obstruction by little Ben Woodburn? Fuck off you coulda shoved him out the way easy, instead you handled the ball.
Moreno for Randall, that's the last we'll see of his mad game.
Desperate to see TAA score but the keeper keeps getting in the way!
I'm actually lost on who's on the pitch now and who got swapped out.
Karius all those red players and you kick it out.
I know it's a friendly but you can't just shoot at defenders or the keeper, we want goals!
Woodburn... Tut keeper, stop!
Wish we hadn't made all those changes
Now Mignolet for Karius. Karius did a great job once again, when he's had nothing but collecting and redistributing to do.
"see out the game" says the commentator. No, don't, try to score, make something happen, please!
Mignolet had to make a save and then a catch!
Ooh that was nearly a Sydney goal. I meant make stuff happen at the other goal!
Woodburn almost solo goal, bloody keeper grabbing it just before it rolls in.
Another save from Mignolet, you're supposed to pick on our young 2nd not our main man!
AHH TAA just hit the corner of the post!
It's over. Turns out I would've seen pretty much all the action if I had gone to that session, oh well, it was worth it and I'm busy getting ready right now.

Second half MotM- Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold.

Wow all the tattoos on Agger. Why am I still surprised then he rips his top off?

72,892 crowd. If you think if your from somewhere else you must be a glory hunter, just look at that and think again.
elsewhere
I watched England U20s against Guinea in this weird extended highlights type program. England scored the worst own goal I've ever seen to give Guinea their first ever goal and point in the competition. The left or right back (can't remember and I'm no good at left and right) had the ball, no pressure on him could literally do ANYTHING, turns and puts it in the back of the net. Poor keeper can't get his foot to it to stop it.

Sam Allardyce decided to quit/ retire too yesterday. That might free up a bottom table team for us to beat.

Right, one last post to come in this book. I still haven't thought of a title but I'm gonna start writing it when I get back later and see what happens.