West Ham 0-4 Liverpool

MotM- Phillipe Coutinho

(Two goals, at least one beautiful assist, I have no idea who did what to get no 4 in. He was the man today!)

Before the match me mum gets me to try on a shirt with my eyes closed- I think cos I was enthusing quite a bit about Sturridge starting. They bought me the away kit for my birthday but for some reason I've got to pretend I don't know even though I saw dad buy it cos he asked if that was the one I meant and if I was okay with Sturridge on the back cos that's all they had (so if he's sold it's all my fault!). I don't know what I'm trying to say here, basically I wore Sturridge on my back for about a second and then in the match he's back! 

When I saw the team sheet I was concerned that Firmino was nowhere in sight but otherwise pretty happy, especially to see Sturridge with the chance we've all been shouting for for this game.

I don't think much to the London stadium, no wonder all the fans kicked off early on, it's so big and distant and just doesn't really look like it is a PL football ground and definitely not West Ham's. Spurs is gonna be the same having to use Wembley.

First 15 minutes I was getting frustrated, not particularly by the match although it was kinda slow but by my dad, he was complaining at everything and I'm just sat thinking what does he get outta watching the footie when all he does is moan! 

Matip had no luck had so many headers that should've gone in. I celebrated the first one early thinking it'd gone in :/ I don't mind as long as he can keep doing those headers that go anywhere but the goal at the other end. We were having lots of shots but no joy.

Suddenly Coutinho works a bit of his magic, passes right down the London stadium's long pitch to Sturridge. Time for him to tease the defence, skip past the keeper and slot it on home. Sturridge is back! Where t F has this Sturridge been all season?! I'm jumping about pointing to the back of my shirt as if I'd been allowed to wear that one. We've been waiting so long to see you do that!

Can we hold on to 1?

As soon as West Ham started advancing I was like oh no, it's just before half time it's gonna happen especially when Clyne headed the ball out for the corner. Somehow they just couldn't score it, hit the post, hit it again and Mignolet gets in the way and holds that ball strong. Actual relief, the gods of football must be in our favour to stop that.

We somehow managed to make it to the end of the half with a lead! Second half we're having no more of being slow and cautious.

I actually felt kinda sorry for West Ham's keeper cos we started and we weren't letting up, had to save a load in the space of about a minute but we're still on that precious 1.

Wijnaldum just smacked the bar from 30 yards. He's never ever gonna get an away from home goal is he?! Coutinho though, he's got no problem scoring wherever he goes. He runs onto the rebound and strikes it low. 2-0 to the little magician!

Time for a little bit of controversy! The ball landed on Gini's arm okay, not handball! That is not hand ball he didn't in any way try to touch that ball or put is arms in an unnatural position so get over it! Although it was a little harsh that he was able to get the ball back t the other end and have Coutinho score his 2nd from that, and got Collins booked for protesting right in the ref's face.

Origi hits the bar. We've got to stop practicing the crossbar challenge so much!

Then the scramble to the net happens. I thought this one was Gini's but that don't even make sense he hit it and it came off something or someone, guess I'm that desperate for his away goal! It was Origi who sent it home.

It's been a while since we've gotten a chance to say "we want five!"

Could've got it as well but Origi was selfish when Sturridge was there. He should be made to watch a ton of videos of when Studge has been in a front 2 for that.

So happy to see Lucas coming on, although Studge is so sad to be coming off. Then Our Woodburn gets minutes too and even Grujic but one again I have to explain who he is to dad and with Woodburn he starts saying people are saying he's better than Owen and blah blah blah, but he's not started and kept in the team and I'm like I've not heard people saying that and the commentators said he was YOUNGER not better.

Oh we got a clean sheet too, didn't we? We were lucky with West Ham and offside a lot but when Mignolet had something to do he made sure he was the one who had the ball, even if Lovren was in the way. Even Dad complemented him, keep it up keeper!

Carragher's jinx is finally over!

I'm glad to see the back of that Toxic Thunder kit! Extra glad that we did it in style! Please an we have something less designed for working in the dark, I know we want European NIGHTS but they have got floodlights!

ONE GAME LEFT. Still in third, back in control of our own destiny.

(just about after those cheating Mancs won yesterday, Sterling and his offside, out of play assists! And ruling out the penalty cos Mahrez fell over and double touched it, WTF is that bullshit?! In any other situation he'd have been praised more for scoring that while falling)

Next up Middlesborough at home, Sunday 21st May, 15:00.

Now I'm really not looking forward to playing them either.

1st and 2nd is sorted, 17th 18th and 19th is sorted, we need to make our position sorted now.

Think I'll enjoy Match of the Day tonight!